Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Install glibc-debug for glibc-2.11.3-17.31.1 on SLES 11 Post 302779451 by rupeshkp728 on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 04:35:55 PM
Old 03-12-2013
I am using suse linux enterprise server.
strace was not of much help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

glibc 2.2.2

After installing glibc 2.2.2 on my redhat 6.1 (with all necessary updates). I try to restart but my compter say i do not existst like you deleted root account and you are root. (i have seen people doing that ;-P ). I run configure with these command --bindir=/bin --sbindir=/sbin --libdir=/lib... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jurrien
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install glibc-2.6.1

Hi, I have downloaded glibc-2.6.1.tar.tar. But I do not know how to install it on Xubuntu. Do you know ? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
4 Replies

3. Programming

glibc error

Hi All, This is my first time posting on this forum. I'd like to participate actively on this list. Here we go! I'm making a little application and I'm using ncurses. After a while using it, I receive the following error and the stack trace is shown: ***glibc detected*** malloc() :... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

message about glibc

Hi I have a strange phenomenon on putty session connected to RHEL4 server. My session is active but without any activity for 2 or 3 hours and suddenly this message appears on the prompt : $ *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid pointer: 0xb66e0d50 *** Could you have an idea about it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmat
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

glibc version

I need glibc version 2.2 - 2.11 for a installation. but i got glibc 2.0-2.1 from software centre... what to do? can u help? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramad
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

locale and glibc and charset

what's the relationship among locale, glibc, charset, charmap and fonts? why locale needs to be generated by glibc? how? what are in the locale-archive file? and what are in font files? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help installing GLIBC on SuSe 11.

I need help updating the glibc in my suse box. I have no clue how to do this and I am afraid of breaking this box. Can someone please give me some direction? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OptimusPrime1
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

got error when install glibc

hi all, i am play LFS recently. but i can not go on for a an error when install glibc. here is the error log: if test -r /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h && cmp -s /mnt/lfs/sources/glibc-build/stubs.h /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h; \ then echo 'stubs.h unchanged'; \ else /usr/bin/install -c... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arnold.king
1 Replies

9. Programming

Hidden strcmp in glibc

In glibc in file strcmp I see a definition of strcmp function and below it there is a macro "libc_hidden_builtin_def (strcmp)". This macro "libc_hidden_builtin_def (strcmp)" looks to be defining some platform(x32-64, i386) specific implementation of strcmp. Question is when is this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Trying to install glibc-common 686 on a x64 system

Hi, I hoping someone can help me. I am running a 64 bit RH 6.5 Server, and have to install glibc.686 for a Symantec package I need to install. A prerequisite for glibc.686 is glibc-common. I'm trying to install this manually, as it's not on our local repository, but when I try, I get the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: badoshi
1 Replies
strace(1M)						  System Administration Commands						strace(1M)

NAME
strace - print STREAMS trace messages SYNOPSIS
strace [mid sid level]... DESCRIPTION
strace without arguments writes all STREAMS event trace messages from all drivers and modules to its standard output. These messages are obtained from the STREAMS log driver (see log(7D)). If arguments are provided, they must be in triplets of the form mid, sid, level, where mid is a STREAMS module ID number, sid is a sub-ID number, and level is a tracing priority level. Each triplet indicates that tracing messages are to be received from the given module/driver, sub-ID (usually indicating minor device), and priority level equal to, or less than the given level. The token all may be used for any member to indicate no restriction for that attribute. The format of each trace message output is: <seq> <time> <ticks> <level> <flags> <mid> <sid> <text> <seq> trace sequence number <time> time of message in hh:mm:ss <ticks> time of message in machine ticks since boot <level> tracing priority level <flags> E : message is also in the error log F : indicates a fatal error N : mail was sent to the system administrator (hardcoded as root) <mid> module ID number of source <sid> sub-ID number of source <text> formatted text of the trace message Once initiated, strace will continue to execute until terminated by the user. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample output of the strace command: The following example outputs all trace messages from the module or driver whose module ID is 41: strace 41 all all The following example outputs those trace messages from driver or module ID 41 with sub-IDs 0, 1, or 2: strace 41 0 1 41 1 1 41 2 0 Messages from sub-IDs 0 and 1 must have a tracing level less than or equal to 1. Those from sub-ID 2 must have a tracing level of 0. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), log(7D) NOTES
o There is no restriction to the number of strace processes opening the STREAMS log driver at a time. o The log-driver records the list of the triplets specified in the command invocation, and compares each potential trace message against this list to decide if it should be formatted and sent up to the strace process. Hence, long lists of triplets will have a greater impact on overall STREAMS performance. Running strace will have the most impact on the timing of the modules and drivers generating the trace messages that are sent to the strace process. If trace messages are generated faster than the strace process can handle them, some of the messages will be lost. This last case can be determined by examining the sequence numbers on the trace messages output. SunOS 5.11 4 Oct 1994 strace(1M)