Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error when using certain directory path Post 302779145 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 09:02:06 AM
Old 03-12-2013
How about:-
Code:
ls $indir | egrep -c "\/ITC.*\.zip$"

This lists all files in the directory and then counts those that match the pattern. I have specified the pattern as starting with a / which I have to escape, hence the preceding \, then the ITC bit, I then have .* to signify any number of characters then .zip$ to finish the line. The . before the zip has also to be escaped as it's a wildcard for a single character.

I hope that this helps,

Robin
Liverpool/Blackburn
UK
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Truncate directory path

Is it possibe to use sed for the following? I would like to truncate the output of a directory path if it's over 3 directory levels deep. For example: /dir1/dir2/dir3 -- NO change required but, /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 would output as ~/dir4 Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: here2learn
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get directory name from its path?

If I the path to a directory, what command can I use to return the actual name of that directory. test=`pwd`/folder1 > $test folder1 I'd rather avoid anything with regular expressions. Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ordano
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the directory name from a path using csh?

Hi, I want to get ABC and 924 from this path. How can i do so? The length of the path can vary from but end will we same. /home/abs/cad/bad_BAD/vdhingra/testcases/ABC/924/work Similarly, CBA and 234 from this path. /home/abs/cad/aaa/bad_BAD/vdhingra/testcases/CBA/234/work (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vdhingra123
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keep last directory from path

Hello, I am looking for a command that will give me the last directory name from a path ex 1 : /dir1/dir/2/dir3/ output needed dir3 ex 2 : /dir1/dir/2/dir3/dir4/ output needed dir4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aswex
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract directory name from the full directory path in UNIX using shell scripting

My input is as below : /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/rebate/IFIND.REBTE.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/loyal/IFIND.HELLO.WROC.txt /splunk/scrubbed/triumph/ifind.triumph.txt From the above input I want to extract the file names only . Basically I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IshuGupta
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh?

What is the difference ../directory path and ./directory path in ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TestKing
1 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)