Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find and sed for an email address in Solaris 10 Post 302778977 by hanson44 on Tuesday 12th of March 2013 12:16:33 AM
Old 03-12-2013
This might do what you are looking for:
Code:
find . -type f -name "example*" -print > list.txt
for file in `cat list.txt`; do
  sed -i "s/user@example\.com/user2@example.com/g" $file
done

If there are LOTS of files, the "cat list.txt" will overload the command line buffer. The above syntax should work unless LOTS of files. I don't remember the alternate syntax.

---------- Post updated at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:15 PM ----------

Oh, of course, if no -i option for your sed, redirect output to temp file and mv temp file to replace original file.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

i have removed my email address

I have removed my email address from the posted email. what else do I need to do? Thanks K-one (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: K-ONE
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

changing my email address

Hello, Is there a link somewhere to my profile where I can change my email address to my new work email address? I have a new job and would like to receive a notification of responses to my new work address - how can I get that address to you without posting it online for everyone to see? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

redirection to email address

Can someone please tell me the format to redirect an output file to an email address? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4Given
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding an email address

Hi all, I have a file with X number of lines. Somewhere within each line will be an email address following the format: <telephone_number>@domain.net Each line is not a set length and there are no delimiters to work with. I want to write a script that extracts the telephone number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandriver
3 Replies

6. Solaris

find and sed comand for Solaris 9

Hi, I'm looking to combine the two commands find and sed together for the work that i'm worknig on. I need to find the ip addresse in any file from current directory and below, once is found i need to replace it with new ip addresse. Here is what i have but not complete. Find IP from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

Tracing a MAC address to IP address: Solaris

Hi there I lost connectivity to one of our remote systems and when I checked the messages log I found the following: Aug 10 23:42:34 host xntpd: time reset (step) 1.681729 s Aug 16 13:20:51 host ip: WARNING: node "mac address" is using our IP address x.x.x.x on aggr1 Aug 16 13:20:51 host... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED With Regex to extract Email Address

Hi Folks, In my program, I have a variable which consists of multiple lines. i need to use each line as an input. My intention is to extract the email address of the user in each line and use it to process further. The email address could be anywhere in the whole line. But there will be only... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragz_82
5 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Cant use certain email address

I tried to re-register using my new email address which is <firstname>@<surname>.me But it never sent out the email confirmation. I had to hit the back button and use my gmail address instead and it came through instantly. Is there a problem with using .me addresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustin
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)