Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Killing a program in shell script Post 302778925 by mirni on Monday 11th of March 2013 06:04:34 PM
Old 03-11-2013
Yes, it would, absolutely.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

shell script program

shell script for sorting,searchingand insertion/deletion of elements in a list (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaram_miryabb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on C-shell script program

#!/bin/csh # This program will add integers # # # add integer1 .. # # Check for argument if ($#argv == 0 ) then echo "usage: add integers" exit 1 else set input = $argv endif # set sum = 0 foreach var ( $input ) @sum = $sum + $input end # (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haze21
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leaving Program running but killing the script

Sorry for all the threads. I am almost done. I ahve a bash script that is launching a diags program then copying the .html over my client. then it does the following line /opt/firefox/firefox report.html it launches it fines but the program waits for me to close the window or kill the script.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call C Program From Shell Script

Hi, Could anybody please let me know how to call a C_Program from shell script. I know through command "system" we can call shell script from C program. Awaiting response. Thanks and regards, Chanakya M (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a shell script

Hi, If I have a large shell script running as root, say for example like one that copies a ton of files, how would I kill the shell script and any processes that it created? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcwiz
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to launch C program

Hi there, im new too shell scripting and was wondering if it is possible to create a shell script to take in a variable and load a c program. My C program is a file monitor, and is started by using the terminal and using to following code ./monitor FileToBeMonitored is it possible to have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazmcc182
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question: Killing a process using a supplied name to a shell script

Hi, I am trying to automate the killing of named processes of which I found a good solution here on the forums but as I am pretty much a begginer to linux I am having an issue. The code I found is: kill $(ps -ef | nawk '/monitoreo start/ { print $2}'} but what I want to do is replace... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TylrRssl1
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script program

shell script in Unix/Linux to find the lines numbers of a text file are having word which is 5 to 10 characters long and having first letter as a capital letter. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usersnehal
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a shell script to program

Hi I am new in programming. I have written a shell code, but i want to secure my code. I have tried SHC. It is converting it to binary, but can be converted in plain text again by core dump. I have tried to convert it in rpm by "rpmbuild -bb my.spec" option but the result is same. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priy
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlling a program from shell script

Hi all, I am trying to write a shell script that starts a program, reads from its stdout and can write to its stdin. I'm having trouble to get it to work, I tried using named pipes, and using exec and file descriptors. Just couldn't get it to work, so I thought I'll post it here to see if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: test it
4 Replies
glutFullScreen(3GLUT)						       GLUT						     glutFullScreen(3GLUT)

NAME
glutFullScreen - requests that the current window be made full screen. SYNTAX
void glutFullScreen(void); DESCRIPTION
glutFullScreen requests that the current window be made full screen. The exact semantics of what full screen means may vary by window sys- tem. The intent is to make the window as large as possible and disable any window decorations or borders added the window system. The win- dow width and height are not guaranteed to be the same as the screen width and height, but that is the intent of making a window full screen. glutFullScreen is defined to work only on top-level windows. The glutFullScreen requests are not processed immediately. The request is executed after returning to the main event loop. This allows mul- tiple glutReshapeWindow, glutPositionWindow, and glutFullScreen requests to the same window to be coalesced. Subsequent glutReshapeWindow and glutPositionWindow requests on the window will disable the full screen status of the window. X IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
In the X implementation of GLUT, full screen is implemented by sizing and positioning the window to cover the entire screen and posting the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property on the window requesting absolutely no decorations. Non-Motif window managers may not respond to _MOTIF_WM_HINTS. SEE ALSO
glutReshapeWindow, glutPositionWindow AUTHOR
Mark J. Kilgard (mjk@nvidia.com) GLUT
3.7 glutFullScreen(3GLUT)