Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inotifywait tool in no there in Redhat 5.6 Post 302778671 by DGPickett on Monday 11th of March 2013 11:20:14 AM
Old 03-11-2013

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Nmon tool

How to analyze nmon output or is there any tool for analyzing. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4

Hello I have been asked to provide a security patch analysis of servers in my environment. For HPUX and Solaris there are tools wich can be loaded onto the servers to do this. However I do not know of one for Redhat . At this point I must mentioned that the Redhat servers are behind a firewall... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmsmith32
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

inotifywait to wait until completion

Hi, I am using inotifywait to monitor a directory where files are being transferred into. I want inotifywait to tell me when a file has been completely transferred not just part of it. I tried "create", "close" and "close_write" but it seems that inotifywait always gets triggered even if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jejeking
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script using inotifywait

Is there a way to get my script to only trigger when a .ppt is created? #!/bin/bash while inotifywait -e create /ticker/powerpointshare; do sleep 30; sudo chmod -R 777 /ticker/powerpointshare/*.*; sleep 15; sudo reboot; done I'm not sure if this is even possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with my BASH script with WINE and inotifywait

I'm trying to improve a script that I have running on a Ubuntu desktop that basically runs a powerpoint presentaions with announcements to TV's in diffrent parts of our building. My current script uses WINE to execute powerpoint viewer. The scripts that I currently use relies on inotifywait's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Looking for PCI Compliance tool for Redhat Lix.

Hi i am in new to Linux world . I have been assigned to a project to find out a tool that will fulfill the PCI compliance for Linux servers for Audit process. anyone have any recommendation on that. Do Rad hat have any native application or plug-ins which we can use for that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahasuman
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

NeSSi2 Tool

Hi guys, I am working on designing a security system. I need a simulation tool that I can use to generate packets, testing the performance of my firewall, and get results. I already wrote the required coding using C++ language. I found many general network simulation tools such as OPNet... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhD Student
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Process tool

Hi Do you know a tool for redhat/unix, that receives process ID, and provides list of all files that were changed by this process? Thanks Guy (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guy3145
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inotifywait restart script prevents reboot when started

Hi, maybe someone could help me optimizing this little script. It works so far, but when running, reboot does not work. If kill inotifywait reboot from shell works. I think some optimization is required here. This script starts at the end of the boot process, from an external device and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies
CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)					      General Commands Manual						 CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)

NAME
chudRemoteCtrl - start or stop the collection of performance monitor data in a performance monitor remote server application. SYNOPSIS
chudRemoteCtrl [ -m ] [ executable [args... ] ] chudRemoteCtrl -s label chudRemoteCtrl -e chudRemoteCtrl -k PID DESCRIPTION
chudRemoteCtrl is a command line tool that allows for the collection of performance data by any active performance monitor remote server application. There are currently two CHUD Tools that can be put in remote performance monitor server mode: MONster, and Shark (as well as their command line counterparts). Typically, chudRemoteCtrl is invoked on the command line or in a shell script, followed by the path to an executable to be measured and its arguments. chudRemoteCtrl issues a chudStartRemotePerfMonitor message immediately after launching the specified target program. When the launched program terminates, chudRemoteCtrl issues a chudStopRemotePerfMonitor message, and then exits. When the '-s', '-e' or '-k PID' options are used, no program is launched. OPTIONS
-r seconds: If the 'chudStartRemotePerfMonitor' message fails to either acquire or start the remote monitoring service, then keep try- ing to start again, until the specified number of seconds has elapsed. The same thing is true of the '-e' option. If there is a '-r <seconds>' argument on the command line, and a failure occurs trying to stop the remote profiling program, the stop message will be sent again until the retry time limit is reached. -s label: Issue a chudStartRemotePerfMonitor message with the specified label and exit. A 'label' is a string of up to 32 characters. -e Issue a chudStopRemotePerfMonitor message and exit. -q silence some of the non-essential warning and error output. -kPID Send a UNIX signal (SIGUSR1 to start profiling, SIGUSR2 to stop profiling) to the specified process-id. For example, if a command- line profiling tool, is running as PID 4267, using '-k 4267' along with a '-s' will send a SIGUSR1 to the command-line profiling tool and it will start sampling, while '-k 4267' along with a '-e' will send a SIGUSR2 to the command-line profiling tool and it will stop sampling. A 'start' example: % chudRemoteCtrl -s session_42 -k 4267. And a 'stop' example: % chudRemoteCtrl -e -k 4267. The command-line CHUD tool 'shark' responds to UNIX signals and toggles performance profiling. You can repeatedly send '-s <label> -k <PID#>' to shark and it will toggle profiling start or stop. Sending '-e -k <PID#>' to shark will stop sampling (if it's run- ning) and cause shark to EXIT. -m Set the performance monitor mark bit in the main thread of the launched child process. DIAGNOSTICS
chudRemoteCtrl returns a zero (0) upon success and a non-zero value on failure. BUGS
Please send your comments, suggestions and bug reports to: perftools-feedback@group.apple.com SEE ALSO
monster(1), shark(1) CHUD
6 October 2003 CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)