Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Configure ce0 as ce4000 in Solaris 9 ? Post 302778539 by judi on Monday 11th of March 2013 07:21:24 AM
Old 03-11-2013
Thanks for your reply, I tried plumb the interface as ce4000 and ce5000, also configured the IP's as of ce0and ce1, then unconfigured the ce0 and ce1.. how ever after doing this it stops communicating outside network.. even not reachable for gateway..
Now I reverted back to ce0 and ce1 with same ip configuration and it working fine..

any thoughts .. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

configure TCP/IP for solaris 8

Hello, I have 4 unix (Solaris 8) stations need to setup on network. what is a easy way and quick to setup TCP/IP so I can bring it online?. Please advise! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phapvn
3 Replies

2. Solaris

ce0 and ce1 have the same mac address

i have ce0 and ce1 online, on 2 different networks. im getting a message that says one nic is trying to assume the others IP or something to thta effect. I do ifconfig -a and i see they have the same mac. How do i deal with this? Solaris 9 i beleive 04/04 Thanks, Brian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to configure sendmail in solaris 10

how to configure sendmail in solaris 10 ???? Anyone knows, pls share the documents. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwanathhcl
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure network in solaris 10?

Hi..i have installed solaris 10 on vmware. I m not able connect to internet. pls help in detail. how to solve the problem. During the installation i have put no DHCP. cofigured manually ( Ip 192.168.1.9) default gateway 192.168.1.1 . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnavery
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Increasing link speed on ce0.

Hi, Does anyone know how to increase the link speed on a ce interface? Currently mine is running at 100. I need to increase this to 1000. # kstat -p ce:0::link* ce:0:ce0:link_T4 0 ce:0:ce0:link_asmpause 0 ce:0:ce0:link_duplex 2 ce:0:ce0:link_pause 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
4 Replies

6. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10

Hello, I need help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10. I have to configure sendmail to send mail on the Internet, now works only for sending mail for local users. I'm studying several tutorials ... When I try to send a mail to an external address (eg aaaa@gmail.com) the mail is placed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arfry
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Configure a domain in Solaris.

People i have 2 solaris 10 A webserver and a mailserver. What i need to do is to send a mail inside de webserver to the domain company In the webserver When i use mailx -v -s Prueba me@gmail.com This is ok and the mail is send. But when i try to send a mail to someone inside de company ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Logic to transmit traffic to physical interfaces ( eg ce0 and ce1)

Just wanted to understand what is the logic being used by Solaris(kernel) to transmit data/traffic on physical interfaces. I have seen most of the time traffic is being sent to interface ce0 and sometime to ce1. I have removed ip address from below command for some reason. netstat -rn ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadeemahmed
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Configure mailx in Solaris 10

Hello, We are using exchange server in our environment. I need to configure mailx to send email from Solaris box to one mail I'd which is on exchange server. I know ip of exchange server.. Let me know where should I configure that ip to do the needful? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshsun
2 Replies
TRACEROUTE6(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    TRACEROUTE6(8)

NAME
traceroute6 -- print the route IPv6 packets will take to a network node SYNOPSIS
traceroute6 [-dIlnNrvU] [-f firsthop] [-g gateway] [-m hoplimit] [-p port] [-q probes] [-s src] [-w waittime] target [datalen] DESCRIPTION
The traceroute6 utility uses the IPv6 protocol hop limit field to elicit an ICMPv6 TIME_EXCEEDED response from each gateway along the path to some host. The only mandatory parameter is the destination host name or IPv6 address. The default probe datagram carries 12 bytes of payload, in addi- tion to the IPv6 header. The size of the payload can be specified by giving a length (in bytes) after the destination host name. Other options are: -d Debug mode. -f firsthop Specify how many hops to skip in trace. -g gateway Specify intermediate gateway (traceroute6 uses routing header). -I Use ICMP6 ECHO instead of UDP datagrams. -l Print both host hostnames and numeric addresses. Normally traceroute6 prints only hostnames if -n is not specified, and only numeric addresses if -n is specified. -m hoplimit Specify maximum hoplimit, up to 255. The default is 30 hops. -n Do not resolve numeric address to hostname. -N Use a packet with no upper layer header for the probes, instead of UDP datagrams. -p port Set UDP port number to port. -q probes Set the number of probe per hop count to probes. -r Bypass the normal routing tables and send directly to a host on an attached network. If the host is not on a directly-connected net- work, an error is returned. This option corresponds to the SO_DONTROUTE socket option; it can be used to ping a local host through an interface that has no route through it (e.g., after the interface was dropped by a routing daemon). -s src Src specifies the source IPv6 address to be used. -U Use UDP datagrams for the probes. This is the default. -v Be verbose. -w waittime Specify the delay time between probes. This program prints the route to the given destination and the round-trip time to each gateway, in the same manner as traceroute. Here is a list of possible annotations after the round-trip time for each gateway: !N Destination Unreachable - No Route to Host. !P Destination Unreachable - Administratively Prohibited. !S Destination Unreachable - Not a Neighbour. !A Destination Unreachable - Address Unreachable. ! This is printed if the hop limit is <= 1 on a port unreachable message. This means that the packet got to the destination, but that the reply had a hop limit that was just large enough to allow it to get back to the source of the traceroute6. This was more interesting in the IPv4 case, where some IP stack bugs could be identified by this behaviour. RETURN VALUES
The traceroute6 utility will exit with 0 on success, and non-zero on errors. SEE ALSO
ping(8), ping6(8), traceroute(8) HISTORY
The traceroute6 utility first appeared in WIDE hydrangea IPv6 protocol stack kit. BSD
May 17, 1998 BSD