Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove a substring from string Post 302778463 by Klashxx on Monday 11th of March 2013 04:05:06 AM
Old 03-11-2013
A perl:
Code:
perl -pe 's/@\S+|http:\/\/\S+//g' infile

This User Gave Thanks to Klashxx For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can i get a substring from a string?

for example, the string a is "abcdefg", can i get a substring "bcd" (from ato a) from string a? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a substring from a string

hi all, I am trying to extract SUBSTRINGS out of a string using ksh. The string is "SAPR3K.FD0.FA.TJ.B0010.T050302" I tried using a= `expr substr $stringZ 1 2` which is giving me a syntax error, donno why?? any ideas why its not working?? I also tried echo "welcome" | awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maradona
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substring from string

Hi All, Problem Description: XML_REP_REQUEST=`CONCSUB "$LOGIN" "SQLAP" "$RESP_NAME" "$USRNM" WAIT="Y" "CONCURRENT" "APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME" "CP_SHORT_NAME"` echo Report Request: $XML_REP_REQUEST --to print value in log file While execution the value of 'XML_REP_REQUEST' is 'Prozess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.g
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove a substring

I want to modify a string in shell script (/bin/sh). Could you please help me. I have a variable which can store the values like below. v10.5.2.1p001C_TN1 or v10.5.2.1p002_TN1 I have to search first whether ‘p' character exists into the string which is stored in a variable..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samtekdallas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string and substring also I/O

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf PASSWD=/etc/passwd $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID if ; then $PRINTF "$USERID does not exist, please contact IT service\n" exit 1 fi USERHOME=`grep "^$USERID:" $PASSWD | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep "^$USERID:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove this substring?

Hello, I need to remove a substring from a string in a ksh script, the string is like this: LOCATION=+DATADG1/CMSPRD1/datafile/system.235.456721 or LOCATION=/u03/oradata/CMSPRD/SYSTEM.dbf I need to strip the last file name from that path, and get: +DATADG1/CMSPRD1/datafile or,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: seafan
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed, awk or perl to remove substring of all lines except the first

Greetings All, I would like to find all occurences of a pattern and delete a substring from the all matching lines EXCEPT the first. For example: 1234::group:user1,user2,user3,blah1,blah2,blah3 2222::othergroup:user9,user8 4444::othergroup2:user3,blah,blah,user1 1234::group3:user5,user1 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksolm
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove when substring meets condition

Hi Masters, I need to remove lines when date format is below certain date My file input 20140906|ALASKA|USASEL|TARPUNG|2014-03-01|82176614040|20|1 20140906|ALASKA|USATENG|CRUIEX|2014-08-01|81267079997|5|0 20140906|ALASKA|USASEL|CRUIEMBANG|2013-10-01|82280779814|9|0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines matching a substring in a specific column

Dear group, I have following input text file: Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 1.485,00 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 142,64 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 19,80 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 545,00 EUR Brit 2016 11 18 12 00 10 6.450,00 EUR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhsd
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
POD2HTML(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       POD2HTML(1)

NAME
pod2html - convert .pod files to .html files SYNOPSIS
pod2html --help --htmlroot=<name> --infile=<name> --outfile=<name> --podpath=<name>:...:<name> --podroot=<name> --libpods=<name>:...:<name> --recurse --norecurse --verbose --index --noindex --title=<name> DESCRIPTION
Converts files from pod format (see perlpod) to HTML format. ARGUMENTS
pod2html takes the following arguments: help --help Displays the usage message. htmlroot --htmlroot=name Sets the base URL for the HTML files. When cross-references are made, the HTML root is prepended to the URL. infile --infile=name Specify the pod file to convert. Input is taken from STDIN if no infile is specified. outfile --outfile=name Specify the HTML file to create. Output goes to STDOUT if no outfile is specified. podroot --podroot=name Specify the base directory for finding library pods. podpath --podpath=name:...:name Specify which subdirectories of the podroot contain pod files whose HTML converted forms can be linked-to in cross-references. libpods --libpods=name:...:name List of page names (eg, "perlfunc") which contain linkable "=item"s. netscape --netscape Use Netscape HTML directives when applicable. nonetscape --nonetscape Do not use Netscape HTML directives (default). index --index Generate an index at the top of the HTML file (default behaviour). noindex --noindex Do not generate an index at the top of the HTML file. recurse --recurse Recurse into subdirectories specified in podpath (default behaviour). norecurse --norecurse Do not recurse into subdirectories specified in podpath. title --title=title Specify the title of the resulting HTML file. verbose --verbose Display progress messages. AUTHOR
Tom Christiansen, <tchrist@perl.com>. BUGS
See Pod::Html for a list of known bugs in the translator. SEE ALSO
perlpod, Pod::Html COPYRIGHT
This program is distributed under the Artistic License. perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 POD2HTML(1)