Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash Rounding to 2 decimal places Post 302778381 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 10th of March 2013 09:04:23 PM
Old 03-10-2013
Try:

Code:
printf -v num "%0.2f" $n

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

trimm up the decimal places in output

I have a perl script that reports the avg time of a application call and the total number of calls. This works fine, however I would like to trim the number of decimal places reported from 12 to like 3 and I don't know how. Any suggestions? Here is what I use to get the avg time... for $eRef (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theninja
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rounding a decimal

Hi, I am currently using tcsh I am trying to round a decimal number to the ten-thousandths place For instance: 1.23456 is rounded up towards 1.2346 I am not looking for truncation, but for rounding. Anyone know how to do this with awk or expr? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miniwheats
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Four decimal places with awk

i have a script in which awk prints "($2-1700)/10000" and the answer is -0.07,but i want the answer in 4 decimal places. that is -0.0700. How can i sue awk to get my results in four decimal places (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal places

i need to multiplay a number with 1.00.. so that the output should contain two decimal places at end.. for example... 236 * 1.00 = 236.00 245.8 * 1.00 = 245.80 but when i perform multiplication it shows output as. 236 245.8 can anyone help me to get the actual output of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic but keep 2 decimal places

I am trying to perform arithmetric, for example, to increment the value of variable $a (say 3) by 0.05 but when I tried the following expression let a=a+0.05 or a=$((a+0.05)) both returned 3.0499999999999998 I want to keep 2 decimal places so it returns 3.05 instead. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding off decimal values

Hi Friends, This is my last post for today. My input file is chr1 100 200 chr1 123 300 chr1 300 400 chr1 420 520 chr10 132344343 132348674 When I try using this command awk '{v=($3+$2)/2; print $0"\t"v}' 1 This is my output chr1 100 200 150 chr1 123 300 211.5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding decimal values in a column

Hi, I wanted to round all the values in a column to nearest integer. I have multiple files with only two columns and I want to round values in column 2. e.g input_file A1 23.971578 A2 34.624976 A3 46.403446 A4 375 A5 1 A6 3 A7 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashu0001
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rounding off a decimal

How to round off a decimal number to higher whole number using ceil command in unix? Eg. 4.41 or 4.11 or 4.51 should be rounded off to 5. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayKumar28
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum the fields with 6 decimal places - getting only 2 decimal places as output

I used the below script to Sum up a field in a file based on some unique values. But the problem is when it is summing up the units, it is truncating to 2 decimals and not 6 decimals as in the input file (Input file has the units with up to 6 Decimals – Sample data below, when the units in the 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brlsubbu
4 Replies
Num(3)								   OCaml library							    Num(3)

NAME
Num - Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Module Module Num Documentation Module Num : sig end Operation on arbitrary-precision numbers. Numbers (type num ) are arbitrary-precision rational numbers, plus the special elements 1/0 (infinity) and 0/0 (undefined). type num = | Int of int | Big_int of Big_int.big_int | Ratio of Ratio.ratio The type of numbers. === Arithmetic operations === val (+/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.add_num . val add_num : num -> num -> num Addition val minus_num : num -> num Unary negation. val (-/) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.sub_num . val sub_num : num -> num -> num Subtraction val ( */ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.mult_num . val mult_num : num -> num -> num Multiplication val square_num : num -> num Squaring val (//) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.div_num . val div_num : num -> num -> num Division val quo_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: quotient. val mod_num : num -> num -> num Euclidean division: remainder. val ( **/ ) : num -> num -> num Same as Num.power_num . val power_num : num -> num -> num Exponentiation val abs_num : num -> num Absolute value. val succ_num : num -> num succ n is n+1 val pred_num : num -> num pred n is n-1 val incr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit incr r is r:=!r+1 , where r is a reference to a number. val decr_num : num Pervasives.ref -> unit decr r is r:=!r-1 , where r is a reference to a number. val is_integer_num : num -> bool Test if a number is an integer === The four following functions approximate a number by an integer : === val integer_num : num -> num integer_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds towards zero. val floor_num : num -> num floor_num n returns the largest integer smaller or equal to n . val round_num : num -> num round_num n returns the integer closest to n . In case of ties, rounds off zero. val ceiling_num : num -> num ceiling_num n returns the smallest integer bigger or equal to n . val sign_num : num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 according to the sign of the argument. === Comparisons between numbers === val (=/) : num -> num -> bool val (</) : num -> num -> bool val (>/) : num -> num -> bool val (<=/) : num -> num -> bool val (>=/) : num -> num -> bool val (<>/) : num -> num -> bool val eq_num : num -> num -> bool val lt_num : num -> num -> bool val le_num : num -> num -> bool val gt_num : num -> num -> bool val ge_num : num -> num -> bool val compare_num : num -> num -> int Return -1 , 0 or 1 if the first argument is less than, equal to, or greater than the second argument. val max_num : num -> num -> num Return the greater of the two arguments. val min_num : num -> num -> num Return the smaller of the two arguments. === Coercions with strings === val string_of_num : num -> string Convert a number to a string, using fractional notation. val approx_num_fix : int -> num -> string See Num.approx_num_exp . val approx_num_exp : int -> num -> string Approximate a number by a decimal. The first argument is the required precision. The second argument is the number to approximate. Num.approx_num_fix uses decimal notation; the first argument is the number of digits after the decimal point. approx_num_exp uses scien- tific (exponential) notation; the first argument is the number of digits in the mantissa. val num_of_string : string -> num Convert a string to a number. Raise Failure num_of_string if the given string is not a valid representation of an integer === Coercions between numerical types === val int_of_num : num -> int val num_of_int : int -> num val nat_of_num : num -> Nat.nat val num_of_nat : Nat.nat -> num val num_of_big_int : Big_int.big_int -> num val big_int_of_num : num -> Big_int.big_int val ratio_of_num : num -> Ratio.ratio val num_of_ratio : Ratio.ratio -> num val float_of_num : num -> float OCamldoc 2014-06-09 Num(3)