Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Please help: Oracle gqsql or sqlplus output format like mysql Post 302777923 by Yoda on Friday 8th of March 2013 05:57:37 PM
Old 03-08-2013
Double quotes is just fine.

Increase your linesize to 9000 and set colsep to |
Code:
set linesize 9000 colsep |

Use SQL*Plus COLUMN format:
Code:
column titolo format a30
column anno   format a20

Run your query:
Code:
select titolo,anno from titolo where titolo = 'Brivido';

Note: Adjust column width as per your field size.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Format issue: Output of sqlplus

Hi, I am using a query like below in my shell script : { { echo "set echo off" echo "set head off" echo "whenever sqlerror exit -1; select NUMBER ||','|| FNAME ||','|| LOC ||','|| ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed to format mysql output

Hi all, Does anyone know how to format the output from mysql from within a shell script? i.e. RESULT=`mysql command` echo ${RESULT} the ${RESULT} only displays the output on one line instead of how mysql would display it as columns etc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Oracle sqlplus output

a job extracts orcle data into unix as flat file. a single record breaks into two record in unix flat file. This is the case only for 6 records out of 60 lack records. (its not single record in two line. but its single record into record. ie., \n come into picture) can you tell me what... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to Oracle DB using sqlplus

Hi, I am very new to shell scripting and trying to write a simple shell script in which i am trying to achieve the following: 1. Connect to oracle database hosted on a different server 2. fire a query on the oracle db 3. store the output in a variable 4. use this variable for further logic... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
26 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format the output from sqlplus while writing to log file.

Hi I have developed bash script to connect to database and execute .sql files. I am logging some statements in to log file using echo. While logging I am adding the date in front of the log statements which makes sense. I am unable to add date in front of output from the sqlplus and sqlldr,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: murtymvvs
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with storing oracle sqlplus query output shell script

Hello everyone, I have a RHEL 5 system and have been trying to get a batch of 3-4 scripts each in a separate variables and they are not working as expected. I tried using following syntax which I saw a lot of people on this site use and should really work, though for some reason it doesn't... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help getting my output from MYSQL query into right format

Good afternoon! I have been lurking in this forum for awhile now. I have just recently started posting. I think this is a really good site. With that being said, I don't like to just run and get an answer before I try my best first. I have poured some blood, sweat and tears into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brianjb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle using sqlplus

I have logged into oracle using SQLPLUS. When I type any kind of query, there is only 1 answer - '2'. What is wrong with it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Subhasis
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sqlplus code format

Hi, I have some questions about sqlplus running from bash. I am still new and learning. I have the code shown below: echo "exit" | sqlplus... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohca2020
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)