Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Avoiding DOS space related "path not found errors" Post 302777731 by pasc on Friday 8th of March 2013 10:42:35 AM
Old 03-08-2013
Avoiding DOS space related "path not found errors"

Well I have a lot of scripts that require dragging and dropping files in order to define Source files etc.

However more often then not it is the case that the path to said file contains NUMEROUS spaces.

I know one way to evade this problem is to encase the path in Quotes like this:

Code:
"C:/Path/to file/"

Sadly it seems that this won't solve all problems related to this.

I recall that it was possible to have DOS recognize Space's in paths and work without a hitch by calling a specific command prior to the path.

Since I could not find said command again:

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by pasc; 03-08-2013 at 12:02 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Network Path Not Found Error "Sunfire V100"

I recently got this new old server from a friend. I just installed a fresh version of Solaris 10 on it. I have put a static IP of 192.168.100.10 the server. Their is no subnetting scheme on the network. And I made the hostname "SunServ." And I also changed the folder "/etc/inet/hosts" because I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: louisd11
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Same ol "no acceptable cc found in $PATH" but I'm not clueless... just still a noob

Hey All, Let me start out w/ I have serched the forums and found this to be a typical problem. None of the threads have been able to help in my situation though. I know cc or gcc needs to be installed in ...bin]# (or lead the path of the app to wherever gcc is when compiling) so the app can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SloYerRoll
4 Replies

3. AIX

"too big" and "not enough memory" errors in shell script

Hi, This is odd, however here goes. There are several shell scripts that run in our production environment AIX 595 LPAR m/c, which has sufficient memory 14GB (physical memory) and horsepower 5CPUs. However from time to time we get the following errors in these shell scripts. The time when these... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
11 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris9 - qlogic HBAs - luxadm reports "Found path to 0 HBA ports"

Hi All, I'm actually trying to configure a Qlogic HBA on a solaris9 connecting in a Brocade SAN. I installed Solaris9 and now trying to look at FC devices.. bash-2.05# luxadm -e port Found path to 0 HBA ports bash-2.05# luxadm probe No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Avoiding "file collision"

I don't know if there's a better name for what I call "file collision"... Basically, I have a script that I'm using for quick and dirty MySQL testing. Here's the idea... #!/usr/local/bin/bash for num in `jot $1` ## Yep, jot... this is FreeBSD do /usr/bin/time mysql --user=root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"find . -printf" without prepended "." path? Getting path to current working directory?

If I enter (simplified): find . -printf "%p\n" then all files in the output are prepended by a "." like ./local/share/test23.log How can achieve that a.) the leading "./" is omitted and/or b.) the full path to the current directory is inserted (enclosed by brackets and a blank)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstein
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \)

These three finds worked as expected: $ find . -iname "*.PDF" $ find . -iname "*.PDF" \( ! -name "*_nobackup.*" \) $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune -iname "*.PDF" They all returned the match: ./folder/file.pdf :b: This find returned no matches: $ find . -path "*_nobackup*" -prune... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SYSTEMD.PATH(5) 						   systemd.path 						   SYSTEMD.PATH(5)

NAME
systemd.path - Path unit configuration SYNOPSIS
path.path DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".path" encodes information about a path monitored by systemd, for path-based activation. This man page lists the configuration options specific to this unit type. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. The path specific configuration options are configured in the [Path] section. For each path file, a matching unit file must exist, describing the unit to activate when the path changes. By default, a service by the same name as the path (except for the suffix) is activated. Example: a path file foo.path activates a matching service foo.service. The unit to activate may be controlled by Unit= (see below). Internally, path units use the inotify(7) API to monitor file systems. Due to that, it suffers by the same limitations as inotify, and for example cannot be used to monitor files or directories changed by other machines on remote NFS file systems. If a path unit is beneath another mount point in the file system hierarchy, a dependency between both units is created automatically. Unless DefaultDependencies=false is used, path units will implicitly have dependencies of type Conflicts= and Before= on shutdown.target. These ensure that path units are terminated cleanly prior to system shutdown. Only path units involved with early boot or late system shutdown should disable this option. OPTIONS
Path files must include a [Path] section, which carries information about the path(s) it monitors. The options specific to the [Path] section of path units are the following: PathExists=, PathExistsGlob=, PathChanged=, PathModified=, DirectoryNotEmpty= Defines paths to monitor for certain changes: PathExists= may be used to watch the mere existence of a file or directory. If the file specified exists, the configured unit is activated. PathExistsGlob= works similar, but checks for the existence of at least one file matching the globbing pattern specified. PathChanged= may be used to watch a file or directory and activate the configured unit whenever it changes. It is not activated on every write to the watched file but it is activated if the file which was open for writing gets closed. PathModified= is similar, but additionally it is activated also on simple writes to the watched file. DirectoryNotEmpty= may be used to watch a directory and activate the configured unit whenever it contains at least one file. The arguments of these directives must be absolute file system paths. Multiple directives may be combined, of the same and of different types, to watch multiple paths. If the empty string is assigned to any of these options, the list of paths to watch is reset, and any prior assignments of these options will not have any effect. If a path already exists (in case of PathExists= and PathExistsGlob=) or a directory already is not empty (in case of DirectoryNotEmpty=) at the time the path unit is activated, then the configured unit is immediately activated as well. Something similar does not apply to PathChanged= and PathModified=. If the path itself or any of the containing directories are not accessible, systemd will watch for permission changes and notice that conditions are satisfied when permissions allow that. Unit= The unit to activate when any of the configured paths changes. The argument is a unit name, whose suffix is not ".path". If not specified, this value defaults to a service that has the same name as the path unit, except for the suffix. (See above.) It is recommended that the unit name that is activated and the unit name of the path unit are named identical, except for the suffix. MakeDirectory= Takes a boolean argument. If true, the directories to watch are created before watching. This option is ignored for PathExists= settings. Defaults to false. DirectoryMode= If MakeDirectory= is enabled, use the mode specified here to create the directories in question. Takes an access mode in octal notation. Defaults to 0755. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(8), systemd.unit(5), systemd.service(5), inotify(7), systemd.directives(7) systemd 208 SYSTEMD.PATH(5)