Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20 Post 302777613 by vbe on Friday 8th of March 2013 07:19:08 AM
Old 03-08-2013
Do you know how to go single user with this box? Is it using X11? If so do you know a minimum of command line in text more if you find yourself without windowing system, and hopefully in from of what should be a console tty, or better it has a dedicated console attached...

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups

Can anyone help with an HP Ignite problem please !! We currently have 2 servers running HP-UX B.11.00 connected together and using a high availability cluster (serviceguard) running one package. Each of the servers have 2 mirrored local disks. (also installed HP OpenviewDM B.05.03, Oracle 8.0.5,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clivethegadget
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies
console.handlers(5)					   System Administrator's Manual				       console.handlers(5)

NAME
console.handlers - file specifying handlers of console lock and unlock events DESCRIPTION
/etc/security/console.handlers determines which programs will be run when an user obtains the console lock at login time, and when the user loses it on log out. It is read by the pam_console module. The format is: handler-filename lock|unlock [flag ...] Where handler-filename is a name of the executable to be run, lock or unlock specifies on which event it should be run, and flags specify how should pam_console call it. Additionally there should be a line which specifies glob patterns of console devices. The format of this line is: console-name consoledevs regex [regex ...] Where console-name is a name of the console class - currently ignored - and regexes are regular expression patterns which specify the name of the tty device. Only the first such line is consulted. FLAGS
logfail The pam_console module should log error to the system log if the return value of the handler is not zero or if the handler can not be executed. wait The pam_console should wait for the handler to exit before continuing. setuid The handler should be executed with uid/gid of the user which obtained the console lock. tty The handler will get a tty name as obtained from PAM as a parameter. user The handler will get an user name as obtained from PAM as a parameter. Anything else will be added directly as a parameter to the handler executable. SEE ALSO
pam_console(8) AUTHOR
Tomas Mraz <tmraz@redhat.com> Red Hat 2005/3/18 console.handlers(5)