Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pattern search using grep command ! Post 302777447 by busyboy on Friday 8th of March 2013 02:04:49 AM
Old 03-08-2013
Code:
[^a-c]

-- A
Code:
^

inside
Code:
 [ ]

negates the pattern like
Code:
[^a-c]

which means anything other than a till c

Code:
^[a-c]

means any pattern starting either with
Code:
a,b or c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search pattern by grep

hai folks, i am vijay very new to this website. My query: Search patterns from root directory to all directories by using grep (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysabari
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for a pattern using grep

Hi I am facing the below problem. I have set of lines in which i have to search for only the line which matches with the pattren "/" only. input:- /*+ some text */ /*+ some text */ /* Remove rows from a table of survey results. */ /* Add a survey respondent's name and answers. */ /*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manasa_vs
7 Replies

3. HP-UX

recusrise pattern search with grep

Am new on hp-ux .. Found missing recursive pattern search grep -iR option that's there on Linux . Is any one know any way with grep or any advance command available on hp-ux using which i can search a word say "DbFnamesDatLimit" in all files under /etc on hp-ux in single step . my /etc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pipe search pattern into a grep

comm -13 tmpfile tmpfile2 | grep -v <filename> >newfile so i want to 1. find records in 1 file bot not in another 2. The output of the first part is 1 field in a file with many fields. 3. find all the records that do not have the value piped from step #1 4. redirect to a new file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use grep to search a specific pattern?

Hi All, My file contain the below data : w_SA_infa1.log:INFO : LM_36620 : () Command task instance : running command , with command value . Binary file w_SA_infa1.log.bin matches w_SA_infa2.log:INFO : LM_36620 : (30377|1427806528) Command task instance : running command , with command value... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aliva Dash
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command is not search the complete pattern

I am facing a problem while using the grep command in shell script. Actually I have one file (PCF_STARHUB_20130625_1) which contain below records. SH_5.55916.00.00.100029_20130601_0001_NUC.csv.gz|438|3556691115 SH_5.55916.00.00.100029_20130601_0001_Summary.csv.gz|275|3919504621 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit.vedi1988
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pattern Search with grep

Hello, I have a bunch of zip files like SS_SAMPLE_101_123.zip SS_101_123.zip SS_SAMPLE_121_345.zip SS_SAMPLE_222_678.zip SS_123_890.zip SS_.zip The 'ls' should search and list the files such as SS_101_123.zip and SS_123_890.zip alone. Could you please guide me with this.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinufarid
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file pattern using grep command

I 'm writing a script to search particular strings from log files. The log file contains lines start with *. The file may contain many other lines start with *. I need to search a particular line from my log file. The grep command is working in command line , but when i run my script, Its printing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search pattern corresponding to input from user

One more question: I want to grep "COS_12_TM_4 pattern from a file look likes : "COS_12_TM_4" " ];I am taking scan_out as the input from the user. How to search "COS_12_TM_4" in the file which is corresponds to scan_out (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)