Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications I can't get sendmail to stop considering itself as localhost.localdomain Post 302777245 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 7th of March 2013 01:57:23 PM
Old 03-07-2013
That means the command returned an FQDN,
and you have omitted
Code:
LOCAL_DOMAIN(`localhost.localdomain')dnl

and built a new sendmail.cf?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

apache@localhost.localdomain

Hello, I am ltrying to find the config file to modify a parameter for apache (I guess). Here, when sending mail using php web form I get a copy of all mail sent from that form, but here is a sample of what I get : From : apache@localhost.localdomain To : myemail@host.com Subject : Mail ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qfwfq
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to stop others users to stop viewing what i am doing ?

Hi , I have one question, suppose i am a normal user and when i use 'w' command , it shows who is logged on and what they are doing . Now i want to stop others users to know what i am doing accept the root ? can i do this ? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
5 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8/9 sendmail stop

Hi All, I need to stop sendmail from running on boot-up. How can I do this on Solaris 8 and 9 sparc? Please help and that you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. Solaris

stop solaris 8 sendmail from running on startup

sorry i got this already... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

5. Solaris

stop sendmail srvice

dear all does any one know how to stop send mail in solaris (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DIG uses localhost

Hi, I have these entries in the /etc/esolv.conf: ------------ domain xxxxxx search yyyyyy nameserver 127.0.0.1 nameserver aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa nameserver bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb ------------- When I use 'dig' or 'nslookup' command, like 'dig yahoo.com' it uses the localhost as the server. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaandana
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Delay in sending email to-from localhost in Sendmail

Hi Friends, I am very much new to sendmail or any other mta. I just installed sendmail 8.14 on my rhel6 machine. I was trying to send email to local user but after entering the message when i press CTRL-D it simply hangs. I also tried sending email via mutt but again mutt also hangs. It sends... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
0 Replies

8. Debian

Waiting for localhost.

I am getting the message - waiting for localhost. Here are some diagnostic steps I have tried .... root@meow:/home/ethan# cat /var/www/cgi-bin/httpd.conf ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/jkj ServerName 127.0.0.1:80 Listen xx.xx.xx.xx:80 Listen 127.0.0.1:80 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Meow613
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot find localhost

I get a "not found" error from this localhost/choice.php ethan@meow:~$ ping 127.0.0.1 PING 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.025 ms 64 bytes from 127.0.0.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.036 m and this ethan@meow:~$ mysql -u... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)