Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permissions issue
Operating Systems Solaris Permissions issue Post 302777185 by bitlord on Thursday 7th of March 2013 12:54:22 PM
Old 03-07-2013
there was not any
PermitUserEnvironment
I have restarted the ssh
I will create ~/.ssh/environment

---------- Post updated at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 PM ----------

Ok
I have add "PermitUserEnvironment yes" to /etc/ssh/sshd_config

I have add umask=022 to
~/.ssh/environment

I then restarted ssh on the zone.

Thanks for your help so far.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

File permissions issue

Hi, We have a apps database running on HP-UX 11.11. Yesterday, we had a problem with the server which was resolved after rebooting the server. Now the problem I am facing is that now the files created by application manager user has weird file permissions. Like instead of rw-r-r it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: isingh786
1 Replies

2. Linux

permissions issue

We are trying to run a program on a Red Hat ES3 machine that works fine under root user but not as any other user. I believe its getting denied access to the USB ports (which this program needs), Does anyone know how i can open up access to the USB ports on a machine to all users. Thanks, Frank (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Issue With File Permissions while uploading

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of ftp_user to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue with File Permissions

one of the business users is ftping files into unix box using user name ftp_user, where as i am using infa_user to login into same unix box. When i am trying to access those or copy over those files from upload directory it says permission denied. Though i know the password of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue after copying files

Hi everyone, I am using mac os x 10.6, and I just copied over a project from a machine with 10.5... And I noticed my ls color is very funky in this directory... I found that my permissions are all messed up, and am wondering if there is a way to recursively fix permissions? This is how they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick99e99
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

[Solved] File permissions issue

Hi everybody, following is the scenario; OS HP UX 11.23 two users: # id bodi uid=109(bodi) gid=20(users) groups=1(other),2(bin),3(sys),106(oinstall) # id ossmed uid=121(ossmed) gid=20(users) umask 077 directory name /home/mydir directory permissions drwxrwxrwx requirement: to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajays
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Permissions Issue with Python

I have a cron on a Linux server that isn't executing properly. CRON (with specific info replaced): MAILTO=emailaddress@server.com */2 * * * * python /data/site/cron.py OUTPUT: python: can't open file '/data/site/cron.py ': No such file or directoryAdditional info - The python path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: theHire
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions issue with webserver and svn

Update: Please anybody can give some help ? I've an issue with files ownerships. I have a drupal website and the "files" folder needs to be owned by "www-data" in order to let the users to upload files with php. However I'm now using svn and I need all folders and files to be owned by my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permissions Issue

Hi Experts, I have one ftp user which will FTP the files to two subdirectories of some other user. Say i have one user "xyz" . It FTP's the file to the directory of "abc" user. I have added xyz user in abc group. -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz abc 0 Jul 26 10:05 mo -rw-r--r-- 1 xyz abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sugarcane
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permissions issue

Hi, I have a shell script which calls oracle procedure. Procedure creates a file using oracle utl_file and places file on unix server at loaction /tmp. The file permission is getting set to 640 (Owner=oracle, group=dba) I need it to be 644 by default. (So others can read it.) The umask... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)