Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming [Perl] Different printf formating for different print options Post 302777055 by durden_tyler on Thursday 7th of March 2013 10:03:32 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejdv
Could you try to replace the data by variables (my $Value1 = "one", etc) and then try again ?

I get this:

Code:
Value1,Value2,Value3,Value4,Value5
$Value1,$Value2,$Value3,$Value4,$Value5

That's because you are using the qw operator with your variables. It's not the same.

perlop - perldoc.perl.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

formating array file output using perl

Hello, I am trying to output the values in an array to a file. The output needs to be formated such that each array value is left jusified in a field 8 character spaces long. Also, no more than 6 fields on a line. For example: @array= 1..14; Needs to be output to the file like so: 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seismic_willy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a % within a printf() function using awk

Here is the code I'm using { printf("%11d %4.2f\% %4.2f\%\n", $1,$2,$3); } I want the output to look something like 1235415234 12.24% 52.46% Instead it looks something like 319203842 42.27\%4.2f\% How do I just print a "%" without awk or printf thinking I'm trying to do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awanka
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Formating in Perl

Hi All, Can anybody tell me why is there a "0" in my output of $date_today ? #!/usr/local/bin/perl $date_today = system "date '+%y%m%d'"; print "$date_today\n"; Output: $ perl test4 080908 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK: formating number without printf

Hello, I wrote a script that does lot of things, and I would like to change the format of a number but without printing it now (so I don't want to use printf as it will print the value immediately). Schematically here is what I have: awk 'BEGIN{number=0.01234567} $1==$2{$3=number}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file formating in Perl

Hi, I am new to unix , I have a requirement for formating the input file and generate the output file as per the downstream requirement .. My application receiving a text input file having 4 field and my application need to check each field and if some value of a field is blank ..then it need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: julirani
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print a string using printf?

I want to print a string say "str1 str2 str3 str4" using printf. If I try printing it using printf it is printing as follows. output ------- str1 str2 str3 str4 btw I'm working in AIX. This is my first post in this forum :) regards, rakesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: enigmatrix
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remove print formating from printer output file

I have a print file taken from the print spooler and I want to delete all the formatting leaving only the text. If you vi the file it shows "\304\304 ...." which translates into a printed line on print output. I need to be able to edit and pass this file to another process Thnaks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: petercp
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formating of query variable in perl

Hi , I am facing error in perl when I assign a below query in a varibale $query because of new line charchters $query= SELECT XYZ , ABC , c2 , c3 , c4 FROM t1 how can i get rid of new line charchters with out changing the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvk25
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's the difference between print and printf in command?

For example, in this command: ls /etc/rc0.d/ -print ls /etc/rc0.d/ -printfThe outputs are quite different, why? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henryyy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine print and printf on awk

# cat t.txt 2,3,4,5,A,2012-01-01 00:00:28 2,6,4,5,A,2012-01-02 00:00:28 2,7,4,5,A,2012-01-02 02:00:28 # awk -F"," '{OFS=",";print $2,"";printf("%s", strftime("%m%d%y",$6));printf("%s", strftime("%H%M%S \n",$6));print ("",$1)}' t.txt 3, 010170073332 ,2 6, 010170073332 ,2 7,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)