Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20
Operating Systems HP-UX Make_recovery HP-UX 10.20 Post 302777025 by hicksd8 on Thursday 7th of March 2013 09:15:56 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Okay, you're trying to create a mag tape that you can boot from? Yes?

One point is that most such scripts (creating bootable media of any type) stage themselves off working disk space so you'll need to ensure that the filesystem that the script wants to use as working space is not nearly full.

Come on guys! Where are the HP-UX experts who really know how this works?

Last edited by hicksd8; 03-07-2013 at 12:08 PM..

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aix mksysb , hpux make_recovery sun?

hi, for aix and hpux, we have both mksysb and make_recovery for restoring to the former state after it was crashed. is there any equivalent to sun? any pointers will be appreciated. thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

HPUX make_recovery

I'm attempting to do a make_recovery on my HPUX box. My question revolves around the number of device files I have for my tape drive and what each one is intending for and which I should use. Some examples of my devices include 1m, 1mb, 1mnb, 2m, 2mb, 2mn, 2mnb, C1t0d0best, C1t0d0dds, &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonzotonka
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Problems restoring Ignite make_recovery DAT backups

Can anyone help with an HP Ignite problem please !! We currently have 2 servers running HP-UX B.11.00 connected together and using a high availability cluster (serviceguard) running one package. Each of the servers have 2 mirrored local disks. (also installed HP OpenviewDM B.05.03, Oracle 8.0.5,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clivethegadget
7 Replies

4. HP-UX

Make_Recovery Question Urgent Plse Respond

I have a make_recovery tape, if I restore the VG00 volume group using this, will my other volume groups still be ok after the restore(I have 7 data volume groups) I used make_recovery -A to create the tape I have a HP9000 HP-UX 11 An internal disk is failing, the other volume groups are on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rees_a
3 Replies
mkdevmaps(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     mkdevmaps(1M)

NAME
mkdevmaps - make device_maps entries SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkdevmaps DESCRIPTION
The mkdevmaps command writes to standard out a set of device_maps(4) entries describing the system's frame buffer, audio, and removable media devices. The mkdevmaps command is used by the init.d(4) scripts to create or update the /etc/security/device_maps file. Entries are generated based on the device special files found in /dev. For the different categories of devices, the mkdevmaps command checks for the following files under /dev: audio /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl, /dev/sound/... tape /dev/rst*, /dev/nrst*, /dev/rmt/... floppy /dev/diskette, /dev/fd*, /dev/rdiskette, /dev/rfd* removable disk /dev/dsk/c0t?d0s?, /dev/rdsk/c0t?d0s? frame buffer /dev/fb ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
mkdevmaps might not be supported in a future release of the Solaris operating system. SunOS 5.10 8 Oct 2003 mkdevmaps(1M)