Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Lpstat: Bad Request Error in Linux Post 302776885 by Mohammed Faiz on Thursday 7th of March 2013 05:02:36 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Hi Expert,

Thank you very much for your support.I added this parameter "ServerAlias *" its given the error "lpstat: Connection refused"
Then i added below two lines its work given the lpstat output.

PHP Code:
Listen 192.11.10.xx:631      # Listen on the LAN interface, Port 631 (IPP)
Listen xxxxx.xxxx.com:631  # Listen on all interfaces for the hostname 'socrates' 

While i'm trying to open printer from GUI mode its giving below error,Please advise, Thanks in advance.

PHP Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/system-config-printer.py"line 40in ?

import cups
ImportError
: /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/cups.soundefined symbol_cupsAdminGetServerSettings 

Thank you,
Mohammed Faiz.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

I screwed up linux really bad...

Hey, I definately screwed up my libraries, but I am not sure how. I get this error: /bin/sh: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libdl.so.2 symbol _rtld_global_ro, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference when I try to even login. I cannot even get to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhan00
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I screwed up linux bad

Hey, I definately screwed up my libraries, but I am not sure how. I get this error: /bin/sh: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libdl.so.2 symbol _rtld_global_ro, version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file ld-linux.so.2 with link time reference when I try to even login. I cannot even get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: farhan00
2 Replies

3. SuSE

Request:- Could some do a poll of Linux version usage?

I don't know nearly enough about what versions of Open/Free Linux are available. I was wondering if someone would create a new poll of all the major recent(ish) distros so we can see the percentage of people's preferred distro? I've only ever used Suse and have been very happy with it, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Http request in Linux

Hi, i need a guide how to write a script which i can do a http request. Let say the request look like below; http://www.test.com?txid=1&type=service&server=linux I have a list of "txid" (in *.txt) and need to run all "txid" acordingly. So that mean, every transaction i have to refer "txid"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
7 Replies

5. Solaris

lpstat gives segmentation coredump error

hi everyone, we have solaris 8 in sun v480 server. it gives this error. Segmentation Fault(coredump) can anyone help me in this - urgently. Regards Karthik C (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cksriramchandra
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HELP! what does this mean: "svc: bad direction 256, dropping request"

For a few weeks now, on several of our machines, i've been seeing this in /var/log/messages and dmesg: Nov 14 16:37:48 stg2 kernel: svc: bad direction 256, dropping request Nov 14 16:37:48 stg2 kernel: svc: short len 4, dropping request Nov 14 16:38:02 stg2 kernel: svc: bad direction 256,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fishsponge
2 Replies

7. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Unable to connect only when using wget with 400 bad request error

Hi I have a proxy configured on my ubuntu o.s. running on vmware player, but when trying to wgetDownload Nagios Core from SourceForge.net, I have the following error: failed: Connection refused I have check on the web, they ask me to run sudo ufw status, but the output is enabled, so what... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies
lpstat(1)							    Apple Inc.								 lpstat(1)

NAME
lpstat - print cups status information SYNOPSIS
lpstat [ -E ] [ -H ] [ -U username ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -l ] [ -W which-jobs ] [ -a [ destination(s) ] ] [ -c [ class(es) ] ] [ -d ] [ -e ] [ -o [ destination(s) ] ] [ -p [ printer(s) ] ] [ -r ] [ -R ] [ -s ] [ -t ] [ -u [ user(s) ] ] [ -v [ printer(s) ] ] DESCRIPTION
lpstat displays status information about the current classes, jobs, and printers. When run with no arguments, lpstat will list active jobs queued by the current user. OPTIONS
The lpstat command supports the following options: -E Forces encryption when connecting to the server. -H Shows the server hostname and port. -R Shows the ranking of print jobs. -U username Specifies an alternate username. -W which-jobs Specifies which jobs to show, "completed" or "not-completed" (the default). This option must appear before the -o option and/or any printer names, otherwise the default ("not-completed") value will be used in the request to the scheduler. -a [printer(s)] Shows the accepting state of printer queues. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -c [class(es)] Shows the printer classes and the printers that belong to them. If no classes are specified then all classes are listed. -d Shows the current default destination. -e Shows all available destinations on the local network. -h server[:port] Specifies an alternate server. -l Shows a long listing of printers, classes, or jobs. -o [destination(s)] Shows the jobs queued on the specified destinations. If no destinations are specified all jobs are shown. -p [printer(s)] Shows the printers and whether they are enabled for printing. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. -r Shows whether the CUPS server is running. -s Shows a status summary, including the default destination, a list of classes and their member printers, and a list of printers and their associated devices. This is equivalent to using the -d, -c, and -v options. -t Shows all status information. This is equivalent to using the -r, -d, -c, -v, -a, -p, and -o options. -u [user(s)] Shows a list of print jobs queued by the specified users. If no users are specified, lists the jobs queued by the current user. -v [printer(s)] Shows the printers and what device they are attached to. If no printers are specified then all printers are listed. CONFORMING TO
Unlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", and "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive. The -h, -e, -E, -U, and -W options are unique to CUPS. The Solaris -f, -P, and -S options are silently ignored. SEE ALSO
cancel(1), lp(1), lpq(1), lpr(1), lprm(1), CUPS Online Help (http://localhost:631/help) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2017 by Apple Inc. 26 May 2017 CUPS lpstat(1)