Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting RMAN commands inside crontab shell script Post 302776865 by samer.odeh on Thursday 7th of March 2013 04:15:48 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Thanks a lot everybody for help.

It works after I used as below

Code:
less /export/home/oracle/Tools/rman0.ksh
/export/home/oracle/.profile
rman target / nocatalog @/export/home/oracle/Tools/rman0.rcv log="/u04/rmanbkup/log/rman-`date  +%y%m%d`.log"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run unix commands in a new shell inside a shell script?

Hi , I am having one situation in which I need to run some simple unix commands after doing "chroot" command in a shell script. Which in turn creates a new shell. So scenario is that - I need to have one shell script which is ran as a part of crontab - in this shell script I need to do a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkapil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for RMAN Backup

Hi Experts, Can anyone help me to write shell script for taking backup with RMAN in oracle 9i or suggests me any site which has this kind of scripts Thanks shaan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoking a shell script inside cgi shell script

Hi, I have an HTML form through which I get some text as input. i need to run a shell script say script.sh inside a perl-cgi script named main_cgi.sh on the form input. I want to write the contents of the form in a file and then perform some command line operations like grep, cat on the text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smriti_shridhar
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ftp commands inside shell script? Help please

Dears, I'm new in shell scripting and i need your help, i would like to know how can i create a script to ftp to a certain unix/linux machine/server IP address and get a file for example without user intervention? How can i force the script to use a certain username and password to access this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dendany83
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands failing inside the shell script

When my script deals with large input files like 22Gb or 18 GB the basic commands like sort or join fails when run from inside the shell scripts. Can there be any specific reason for this? For e.g. sort -u -t "," -k1,1 a.csv > a.csv.uniq" sort -u -t "," -k1,1 b.csv > b.csv.uniq" The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: esha
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rman script

Hi, Can anyone provide me with RMAN script for taking backup to tape and restoring the same from tape. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetansingh23
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing multiple ssh commands inside a shell simultaneously

I would like to execute a commands in four different servers through ssh at a single instance(simultaneously). Below are the details with examples, ssh user1@server1 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server2 "grep xxxx logs" ssh user1@server3 "grep xxxx logs" Each statement will take some... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amutha
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Usage of shell commands inside a C program

Hi I have a program int main(int srgc, char *argv) { for(int i=1; i<50; i++) { system("dd if=/dev/zero of=file$i bs=1024 count=$i"); } return 0; } My doubt is how to use the "$i" value inside C code Please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

RMAN script gives error

Hi, I have the following RMAN incremental shell script: # !/bin/bash export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1 export ORACLE_SID=ORCL export PATH=$PATH:${ORACLE_HOME}/bin rman target=/ << EOF run { allocate channel d1 type disk FORMAT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why commands inside bash script lost effectiveness?

Hi, I have a bash script to run many system commands on CentOS machine, but I am puzzled by some commands had no effect on parent environment. For example, I want to refresh the desktop xdg menu when some processes added or deleted items from desktop xdg menu. If I run "killall gnome-panel"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
4 Replies
LWP::DebugFile(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 LWP::DebugFile(3)

NAME
LWP::DebugFile - routines for tracing/debugging LWP SYNOPSIS
If you want to see just what LWP is doing when your program calls it, add this to the beginning of your program's source: use LWP::DebugFile; For even more verbose debug output, do this instead: use LWP::DebugFile ('+'); DESCRIPTION
This module is like LWP::Debug in that it allows you to see what your calls to LWP are doing behind the scenes. But it is unlike LWP::Debug in that it sends the output to a file, instead of to STDERR (as LWP::Debug does). OPTIONS
The options you can use in "use LWP::DebugFile (options)" are the same as the non-exporting options available from "use LWP::Debug (options)". That is, you can do things like this: use LWP::DebugFile qw(+); use LWP::Debug qw(+ -conns); use LWP::Debug qw(trace); The meanings of these are explained in the documentation for LWP::Debug. The only differences are that by default, LWP::DebugFile has "cons" debugging on, ad that (as mentioned earlier), only "non-exporting" options are available. That is, you can't do this: use LWP::DebugFile qw(trace); # wrong You might expect that to export LWP::Debug's "trace()" function, but it doesn't work -- it's a compile-time error. OUTPUT FILE NAMING
If you don't do anything, the output file (where all the LWP debug/trace output goes) will be in the current directory, and will be named like lwp_3db7aede_b93.log, where 3db7aede is $^T expressed in hex, and "b93" is $$ expressed in hex. Presumably this is a unique-for-all- time filename! If you don't want the files to go in the current directory, you can set $LWP::DebugFile::outpath before you load the LWP::DebugFile module: BEGIN { $LWP::DebugFile::outpath = '/tmp/crunk/' } use LWP::DebugFile; Note that you must end the value with a path separator ("/" in this case -- under MacPerl it would be ":"). With that set, you will have output files named like /tmp/crunk/lwp_3db7aede_b93.log. If you want the LWP::DebugFile output to go a specific filespec (instead of just a uniquely named file, in whatever directory), instead set the variable $LWP::DebugFile::outname, like so: BEGIN { $LWP::DebugFile::outname = '/home/mojojojo/lwp.log' } use LWP::DebugFile; In that case, $LWP::DebugFile::outpath isn't consulted at all, and output is always written to the file /home/mojojojo/lwp.log. Note that the value of $LWP::DebugFile::outname doesn't need to be an absolute filespec. You can do this: BEGIN { $LWP::DebugFile::outname = 'lwp.log' } use LWP::DebugFile; In that case, output goes to a file named lwp.log in the current directory -- specifically, whatever directory is current when LWP::DebugFile is first loaded. $LWP::DebugFile::outpath is still not consulted -- its value is used only if $LWP::DebugFile::outname isn't set. ENVIRONMENT
If you set the environment variables "LWPDEBUGPATH" or "LWPDEBUGFILE", their values will be used in initializing the values of $LWP::DebugFile::outpath and $LWP::DebugFile::outname. That is, if you have "LWPDEBUGFILE" set to /home/mojojojo/lwp.log, then you can just start out your program with: use LWP::DebugFile; and it will act as if you had started it like this: BEGIN { $LWP::DebugFile::outname = '/home/mojojojo/lwp.log' } use LWP::DebugFile; IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
This module works by subclassing "LWP::Debug", (notably inheriting its "import"). It also redefines &LWP::Debug::conns and &LWP::Debug::_log to make for output that is a little more verbose, and friendlier for when you're looking at it later in a log file. SEE ALSO
LWP::Debug COPYRIGHT AND DISCLAIMERS
Copyright (c) 2002 Sean M. Burke. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. AUTHOR
Sean M. Burke "sburke@cpan.org" perl v5.10.0 2008-04-07 LWP::DebugFile(3)