Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian How to run windows application in Ubuntu? Post 302776833 by fpmurphy on Thursday 7th of March 2013 03:15:31 AM
Old 03-07-2013
Try GNU Octave. It's language is fairly close to MathLab and any differences are well documented.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run an application installed in another unix pc?

Do you guys have any suggestions? hpterm -e rlogin <another unix pc> ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application to run on ports

I do not have much idea about ports. How can i make an application(written in C) to run on a specific port ? Does the code internally written in C says about port number where the application to run ? Can i make an application to select port dynamically which are closed(other than standard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt with How to run an application automatically?

Dear sir, I want to know if i shut-down my system and while starting it next time automatically one application starts running, Is there any way? I an using Suse linux OS. PLz Help me! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: salil2012
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu

I am sure this is simple to do but as a newbie to UNIX i don't know much. I have Ubuntu installed on my machine alongside windows 7. How do i access all the folders, files and more importantly programs and softwares installed on Windows so i can use them in Ubuntu instead of going back and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pipsonian
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run application at startup

We have a Windows Service written in C# ported over to linux using Mono Develop... The code is working 100% when we run a script file which runs the exe... but we want the application to run at startup.... The application gathers info of the computer eg. Hard Disk Space etc... And compress it into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yodzaan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run C# .NET Application in Unix

I have an application I wrote that is designed to run on a windows system but now starting to think I would rather be using Unix. Would the application have to be 100% rewritten to work on unix, or is there something I could install that would allow me to run my .NET application inside unix? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: redbrad0
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Application clustering in Linux Ubuntu

Dear, Please help me to configure application clustering in linux ubuntu. Application is running apache server. Please help Jewel ---------- Post updated at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:48 PM ---------- linuxvirtualserver dot org in this link i go there's three... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel100
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run an application in shell script

I run the following command using the command line. I need to run the same command in shell script : ./sas.server start start is a parameter that passes to start.server to startup services within start.server. the path to sas.server is /path/Lev1 Here is my code: #!/bin/sh set... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies
ddi_dma_numwin(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					ddi_dma_numwin(9F)

NAME
ddi_dma_numwin - retrieve number of DMA windows SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int ddi_dma_numwin(ddi_dma_handle_t handle, uint_t *nwinp); PARAMETERS
handle The DMA handle previously allocated by a call to ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F). nwinp Upon a successful return, nwinp will contain the number of DMA windows for this object. INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). DESCRIPTION
ddi_dma_numwin() returns the number of DMA windows for a DMA object if partial resource allocation was permitted. RETURN VALUES
ddi_dma_numwin() returns: DDI_SUCCESS Successfully filled in the number of DMA windows. DDI_FAILURE DMA windows are not activated. CONTEXT
ddi_dma_numwin() can be called from user, kernel, or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
ddi_dma_addr_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_alloc_handle(9F), ddi_dma_buf_bind_handle(9F), ddi_dma_unbind_handle(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 29 Sep 1994 ddi_dma_numwin(9F)