Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd. Post 302776629 by redhatlbug on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 03:06:06 PM
Old 03-06-2013
yes, same user as "root".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

Friends , I cannot upgrade or add any package in RHEL 5 using 'package manager' GUI tools . When I run the 'package manager' tool then in BROWSE tab , it shows nothing . I try it inserting the RHEL5 DVD in the DVD-Rom . But the condition is the same . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Copy mismatch while copying RHEL DVD to folder

Hi, Here is this weird thing happening here. I mounted RHEL 6.6 DVD on a directoy /a, I am trying to copy it's content to another folder by using command: cp -pr /a/* /new/folder But while I run ls -lrt on both locations it show me difference in number of files. Any specific reason for that.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3

I require to install xrdp for remote desktop access of my linux server (RHEL 7.3).I searched a lot for it in google, but not able to find any suitable package for the same.One post I have found where the server where I am need to connect the server in Internet.But it is not possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
dsenableroot(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   dsenableroot(8)

NAME
dsenableroot -- enables or disables the root account. SYNOPSIS
dsenableroot [-d] [-u username] [-p password] [-r rootPassword] DESCRIPTION
dsenableroot sets the password for the root account if enabling the root user account. Otherwise, if disable [-d] is chosen, the root account passwords are removed and the root user is disabled. A list of flags and their descriptions: -u username Username of a user that has administrative privileges on this computer. -p password Password to use in conjunction with the specified username. If this is not specified, you will be prompted for entry. -r rootPassword Password to be used for the root account. If this is not specified for enabling, you will be prompted for entry. EXAMPLES
-dsenableroot Your username will be used and you will be queried for both your password and the new root password to be set to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d Your username will be used and you will be queried for only your password to disable the root account. -dsenableroot -u username -p userpassword -r rootpassword The supplied arguments will be used to enable the root account. -dsenableroot -d -u username -p userpassword The supplied arguments will be used to disable the root account. Mac OS August 08 2003 Mac OS