Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Error throwing while installing vsftpd package in rhel 6. using rhel 6 dvd. Post 302776627 by Corona688 on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 03:04:26 PM
Old 03-06-2013
NOKEY looks like an issue with the redhat enterprise network key. Odd that it works from GUI but not commandline. Are you running them as the same user?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Add/Remove package in RHEL 5 !

Friends , I cannot upgrade or add any package in RHEL 5 using 'package manager' GUI tools . When I run the 'package manager' tool then in BROWSE tab , it shows nothing . I try it inserting the RHEL5 DVD in the DVD-Rom . But the condition is the same . Would anybody plz tell me , How can I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

problem installing rhel 6

I have dexx xps 14.I was installing rhel6.But the installation hanged at following step initializing hardware detection................. installion didnt go further (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamapraveen
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Does RHEL 5 provide a command to collect RHEL system log in single compress file?

Hi, I heard a command that can collect all RHEL 5 log in a single compress file before I forget. Does any body know...What the command is ? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnnnnnine
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Installing RHEL over Windows 7 or 8

Hi, Sorry if this is an incorrect place for this question but I haven't been able to find any answers by searching the forums or on google. I am in the market for a new HP Z420 workstation and HP wants a lot more money for one with the HP Linux Installer kit vs. the exact same configuration in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhopson
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

RHEL Package download

Hi All, I am a Solaris administartor. I got in to a probelm with RHEL. I thought someone can help me on this forum .. Can we download/install packages on a Redhat server with yum with out registering on RHEL network or website ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sri243
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Copy mismatch while copying RHEL DVD to folder

Hi, Here is this weird thing happening here. I mounted RHEL 6.6 DVD on a directoy /a, I am trying to copy it's content to another folder by using command: cp -pr /a/* /new/folder But while I run ls -lrt on both locations it show me difference in number of files. Any specific reason for that.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 6, Spacewalk 2.3 unable to download RHEL 5 repo data

Hello all, I am having a bit of an issue on my Spacewalk installation. Some amplifying information is that it is Spacewalk 2.3 installed on a RHEL 6 machine and I am attempting to install/update a RHEL 5 channel/repository. I am fairly new to Spacewalk so I am still learning but this is what I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jstone4646
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Require xrdp package for RHEL 7.3

I require to install xrdp for remote desktop access of my linux server (RHEL 7.3).I searched a lot for it in google, but not able to find any suitable package for the same.One post I have found where the server where I am need to connect the server in Internet.But it is not possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installing tmux on RHEL 6.5

Hi, I am trying to install tmux on vm allocated to me in my company . i am very new to linux. I have the root access on it. Can someone please provide the exact steps to get it installed. I tried: 1. Using yum, i get the below message. # yum install tmux Loaded plugins: security... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error installing MySQL 8 on RHEL 7

My yum install command is failing. I first did yum clean all I even tried with localinstall. Below is the error output: yum install mysql-community-server*.rpm Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-manager This system is not registered with an... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
8 Replies
VSFTPD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 VSFTPD(8)

NAME
vsftpd -- Very Secure FTP Daemon SYNOPSIS
vsftpd [configuration file and / or options] DESCRIPTION
vsftpd is the Very Secure File Transfer Protocol Daemon. The server can be launched via a ``super-server'' such as inetd(8) or xinetd(8). Alternatively, vsftpd can be launched in standalone mode, in which case vsftpd itself will listen on the network. This latter mode is easier to use, and recommended. It is activated by setting listen=YES in /etc/vsftpd.conf. Direct execution of the vsftpd binary will then launch the FTP service ready for immediate client connections. OPTIONS
An optional configuration file or files may be given on the command line. These files must be owned as root if running as root. Any command line option not starting with a "-" character is treated as a config file that will be loaded. Note that config files are loaded in the strict order that they are encountered on the command line. If no config files are specified, the default configuration file of /etc/vsftpd.conf will be loaded, after all other command line options are processed. Supported options are: -v Print the version information and exit, even if other options are encountered. -ooption=value Set a single option, value pair as per the format in the config file. Multiple -o options are supported, and they are applied in strict order relative to their appearance on the command line, including intermingling with loading of config files. EXAMPLES
vsftpd -olisten=NO /etc/vsftpd.conf -oftpd_banner=blah That example overrides vsftpd's built-in default for the "listen" option to be NO, but then loads /etc/vsftpd.conf which may override that setting. Finally, the "ftpd_banner" setting is set to "blah", which overrides any default vsftpd setting and any identical setting that was in the config file. FILES
/etc/vsftpd.conf SEE ALSO
vsftpd.conf(5) March 8, 2001