Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux How to start pc automatically when power comes (Server)? Post 302776563 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 01:33:54 PM
Old 03-06-2013
Thank you so much Corona, I will go through BIOS setting, I am using Dell Vostro 460, actually I could not find anything related to power setting so I thought OS may fix it, anyways thanks you cleared my confusion.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting postfix tyo start automatically

Postfix has an initscript just like sendmail did so while logged in as root, simply type: ntsysv and select postfix. The message above is from the Redhat postifx FAQ. I tried running ntsysv and postfix is not listed as a selection. I can start postfix manually without any problems, but I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmgrady01
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How to start Oracle database automatically

How to start Oracle database automatically when after SunSolaris is being re-booted? TIA, Greg (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: greg0320
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Database can't start automatically on solaris

Hi, I have installed oracle 9i on solaris 10 sucessfully. I have configured listener & tnsname.ora file sucessfuly. Even i can start database manully by starting listener first and from sqlplus promt data base sucessfully. Now i want to start the database automatically after system reboots. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sachin Vaidya
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I Start JBoss automatically when boot my linux machine.

I have created a script file named 'start-jboss' ------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/sh # For starting Jboss JAVA_HOME=/home/argole/jdk/jdk1.6.0_10 export JAVA_HOME cd /home/argole/server/jboss-4.2.0.GA/bin echo "Starting JBOSS server" nohup ./run.sh -c... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiraz
25 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

start some services automatically

Hello All i have a question related to some services,i want to start some services with server linux centos. i make "chkconfig httpd on" and "chkconfig asterisk on",but when i verify with chkconfig --list i found httpd 0: off 1: off 2: on 3: on 4: on 5: on 6:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bernard12
6 Replies

7. Solaris

After power failure, SunFireV240 with SOLARIS 5.9 cannot start

SUNW, Sun Fire V240 Spare Sun OS Release 5.9 After a power failure we try to start the server We have the following messages: Thanks for your assistance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: doudou2012
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Customizing XUbuntu 12.04 Live CD - Start my Exe Automatically

Hi all http://ubuntuforums.org/images/smilies/smiley-faces-80.gif, I am customizing the LIVE CD of Xubuntu 12.04.. I removed the ubiquity package and changed the live username and hostname using uck-gui.. I am almost done with the customization. Now after the splash screen , the text in motd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: selvarajvss
1 Replies
ACPIVGA(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						ACPIVGA(4)

NAME
acpivga -- ACPI Display Adapter and Output Devices SYNOPSIS
acpivga* at acpi? acpiout* at acpivga? DESCRIPTION
The acpivga driver provides generic support for brightness control and output switching, through ACPI video extensions. The ACPI specifica- tion requires that systems containing a built-in display adapter implement these extensions in their ACPI BIOS. The driver handles brightness hotkeys and display switch hotkeys. In addition, the following sysctl(8) read/write variables are provided (when hardware support is available): hw.acpi.acpivga0.bios_switch BIOS output switching policy. This boolean variable controls the behavior of the BIOS when a display switch hotkey is pressed. 1 the BIOS should automatically switch outputs, with no interaction from acpivga. 0 the BIOS should only notify acpivga of the desired output state changes. hw.acpi.acpiout0.brightness Brightness level. This integer variable typically ranges from 0 to 100, but any integer value is accepted (the driver uses the clos- est brightness level supported by the device). Please note, however, that future versions of acpivga may remove these sysctl(8) variables without prior notice. SEE ALSO
acpi(4), vga(4), sysctl(8) Microsoft Corporation, Mobile System Displays and Windows, Version 1.2c, http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/archive/mobiledisplay.mspx, December 4, 2001. HISTORY
The acpivga driver appeared in NetBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Gregoire Sutre <gsutre@NetBSD.org> CAVEATS
The acpivga driver only supports PCI/PCI-X/PCI-E display adapters. Many ACPI BIOSes implement only part of the ACPI video extensions. In particular, display output switching via these extensions often does not work. For this reason, acpivga enables hw.acpi.acpivga0.bios_switch by default. If the display switch hotkey does not work with this default setting, try setting hw.acpi.acpivga0.bios_switch to 0. Brightness level should be controlled via wsconsctl(8) instead of sysctl(8). BSD
October 28, 2010 BSD