Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do I insert text with sed ? Post 302776417 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 6th of March 2013 09:52:01 AM
Old 03-06-2013
You mean something like this?
Code:
TS=05-03-2013-08-59-16; sed "/$TS/ s/\.pdf_\.html/.pdf_$TS.html/g" infile

or do you mean:
Code:
sed "s/\(.*value='\)\([^ ]*\)\(.*\.pdf_\)\(\.html.*\)/\1\2\3\2\4/g" file

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 03-06-2013 at 11:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert Text With Sed

Hello. Trying to insert text at line 1 and after last line of file. I have searched posts but nothing seems to work. I keep getting extra characters error or nothing gets inserted into the file. #!/bin/sh touch textfile.txt sed 'i\ Add this line before every line with WORD' textfile.txt ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveramsey
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to insert new text and change existing text in a file using SED

Hi all, I need to insert new text and change existing text in a file. For that I used the below line in the command line and got the expected output. sed '$a\ hi... ' shell > shell1 But I face problem when using the same in script. It is throwing the error as, sed: command garbled:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text at particular line

I know that sed -n '12p' file will print line 12 but how might I insert text to a specified line? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: action_owl
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text with Sed (in various positions)

Hello. I'm trying to insert text in various positions and I could only do that using pipes for each position. Example: cat file | sed -e 's#\(.\{5\}\)\(.*\)#\1:\2#g' | sed -e 's#\(.\{26\}\)\(.*\)#\1:\2#g' Insert ":" at position 5 and 26. it can be done in the same sentence, without using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: </kida>
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text without newline

Hi, I use sed to insert text at beginning of a file. But sed inserts a newline after my text that I do not need. For example, I want to insert "foo" at the beginning of my file: > cat myfile This is first line. > sed -i '1i\foo' myfile > cat myfile foo This is first line. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdw
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text file at first line

sed '1r file.txt' <source.txt >desti.txt This example will insert 'file.txt' between line 1 and 2 of source.txt. sed '0r file.txt' <source.txt >desti.txt gives an error message. Does anyone know how 'sed' can insert 'file.txt' before the first line of source.txt? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: psve
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to insert a slash and keep text

I have: /path/to/my/fixdir/MD1234567.tar I want to have: /path/to/my/fixdir/MD/1234567.tar fixdir never changes but MD does and how many numerical digits does. I want something like: /usr/bin/sed 's/fixdir\/../fixdir\/..\//' This ends up: /path/to/my/fixdir/../1234567.tar But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crowman
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert text using sed

sed 's/$/TEST/g' will insert TEST at the end of each line. i want to insert TEST at column 64 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed insert text 2 lines above pattern

Hi I am trying to insert a block of text 2 lines above a pattern match using sed eg #Start of file entry { } #End of file entry new bit of text has to be put in just above the } eg #Start of file entry { New bit of text } #End of file entry (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to insert text between lines

Hello, I am trying to insert a section of text between lines in another text file. The new lines to be inserted are: abcd.efgh.zzzz=blah abcd.efgh.xxxx=blah Where N = 0 to 2 Original File: abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb abcd.efgh.wwxx=aaaaa abcd.efgh.yyzz=bbbbb... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsu3000
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)