Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove white space and duplicate headers Post 302775977 by Yoda on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 07:24:21 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Code:
awk 'NR<=2{print}NR>2&&/^[0-9]/{print}' dsout

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

stripping white space...

Hi All; Having a problem with a file.. the file contains the following data... (a snapshot) 1331F9E9DB7C2BB80EAEDE3A8F043B94,AL7 1DZ,M,50 186FDF93E1303DBA217279EC3671EA91,NG5 1JU,M,24 3783FFAF602015056A8CD21104B1AAAF,CH42 4NQ,M,17 It has 3 columns sepreated by a , the second column... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove white space at the beginning of lines

Hi! I store some data obtained with grep or awk in a file. The problem is that some lines have white space at the begining : line1 line2 line3 I use something like grep WORD INFILE >> OUTFILE awk >> OUTFILE I would love if it were possible to remove the white whitout parsing the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tipi
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED with White Space

Dear Members, Suppose i have a variable test which stores a string as below: test='John drives+++++++++a+++++car' now i want to use sed on the above variable and replace + with a white space, so that i get echo $test should give me 'john drives a car' Between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed + white space

Hi, What sed command (if sed is the right command) can remove ALL white space from my file. I have a csv, except I want to remove all white space between commas and characters. My idea (without testing) sed 's/ //g' Is there a better way? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove white space from specific columns in text file

Hello i have a text file like this: 1 AB AC AD EE 2 WE TR YT WW 3 AS UY RF YT the file is bigger , but that's an example of the data what i want to do is to merge all columns together except the first one, it will become like this : 1 ABACADEE 2 WETRYTWW 3 ASUYRFYT (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filename with white space

our user creates a text file with a white space on the filename. this same file is transfered to unix via automation tool. i have a korn shell script that reads these files on a input directory and connects to oracle database to run the oracle procedures which will load the data from each of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove unwanted white space

Hi, I have a very big file 25GB with information present in it like $ head ind_stats update index statistics pfirm001.dbo.Office using 200 values go ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add white space

hi guys how can i add spacein file name with sed if strings have no space around dash input 19-20 ( 18-19 ) ABC-EFG output after add white space 19 - 20 (18 - 19 ) ABC - EFG thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove of white space when you have multiple column

i have file in which i want to remove white space from each column where ever it exist there is white space at the end of line. i know how to remove white space if i have only 1 column, but i have multiple columns and white space can be in any column. sed 's/ *$//' file ath-miRf10005-akr... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
5 Replies
NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)							 1							  NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)

nsapi_virtual - Perform an NSAPI sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool nsapi_virtual (string $uri) DESCRIPTION
nsapi_virtual(3) is an NSAPI-specific function which is equivalent to <!--#include virtual...--> in SSI ( .shtml files). It does an NSAPI sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you'd parse through webserver. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. You cannot make recursive requests with this function to other PHP scripts. If you want to include PHP scripts, use include(3) or require(3). Note This function depends on a undocumented feature of the Netscape/iPlanet/Sun webservers. Use phpinfo(3) to determine if it is avail- able. In the Unix environment it should always work, in Windows it depends on the name of a ns-httpdXX.dll file. Read the note about subrequests in the NSAPI section (UNIX, Windows) if you experience this problem. PARAMETERS
o $uri - The URI of the script. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)