Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications High Performance Computing Programming parallel for C++ and Python application Post 302775969 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 07:02:33 PM
Old 03-05-2013
What you have basically in both Boost and mpi4py is just embedded Openmpi.
IMO since mpi is straightforward (mostly just pragmas) in C/C++ you can tweak things
merely by either recompiling with -D to define some things or actually read in command line arguments.

See here for libraries and documentation:
Open MPI: Open Source High Performance Computing

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ftp application using socket programming

i have made a ftp application in socket programming which uses TCP/IP .. i have the problem runing the only problem is on the client side i take the user input for the file to be downloaded from the command promt. write(s, argv, strlen(argv)+1); // this is how i write in client side argv is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toughguy2handle
1 Replies

2. Programming

Modifying sniffex.c to include concepts of parallel programming or threads

HI For the past 1 week i have been trying to include the concepts of parallel programming or thread in the sniffex.c code. Haven't been able to.. Please suggest sm appropriate modifications to the following code: /* * sniffex.c * * Sniffer example of TCP/IP packet capture using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aka.bhagvanji
1 Replies

3. Debian

Programming, Python.

I do some Python programming in windows, understand how to use python in windows... However I do not know how to use python in Linux. I do know the commands n such are the same but there isn't any IDLE or anything its ran straight from the terminal by typing python but I have never used python that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cryptek
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Python Programming for ASN.1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end. Someone said that it is possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Programming for asn1 file

Hi. Has anyone here got an experience doing conversion from asn1 format to a readable format so that it can be processed by Oracle? I want to load the data into a table. This is a CDR file. Attached is the pairing file. Please remove the .txt at the end.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aimy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python GNU parallel single command on multiple cores

Hello, I have a 4 core machine. Here is my initial script cd /work/ python script.py input.txt output.txt 1 2 3 This script runs for 1.5hrs. So I read across the web and figured out that you can use GNU parallel to submit multiple jobs using parallel. But I am not sure if I can run... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Redploymnet of python application on UNIX Server

I have created the python application, which was deployed on UNIX server but due to some certain issues I have to redeploy the application every time while logging in to the server I am trying to make it work permanently on that server even when I am not using the UNIX server also Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varul29
1 Replies
PYSTE(1)							   User Commands							  PYSTE(1)

NAME
Pyste - Boost.Python code generator SYNOPSIS
pyste [options] interface-files DESCRIPTION
Pyste is a Boost.Python code generator. The user specifies the classes and functions to be exported using a simple interface file which, following the Boost.Python's philosophy, is simple Python code. Pyste then uses GCCXML to parse all the headers and extract the necessary information to automatically generate C++ code. --module=<name> The name of the module that will be generated; defaults to the first interface filename, without the extension. -I <path> Add an include path -D <symbol> Define symbol --multiple Create various cpps, instead of only one (useful during development) --out=<name> Specify output filename (default: <module>.cpp) in --multiple mode, this will be a directory --no-using Do not declare "using namespace boost"; use explicit declarations instead --pyste-ns=<name> Set the namespace where new types will be declared; default is the empty namespace --debug Writes the xml for each file parsed in the current directory --cache-dir=<dir> Directory for cache files (speeds up future runs) --only-create-cache Recreates all caches (doesn't generate code). --generate-main Generates the _main.cpp file (in multiple mode) --file-list A file with one pyste file per line. Use as a substitute for passing the files in the command line. --gccxml-path=<path> Path to gccxml executable (default: gccxml) --no-default-include Do not use INCLUDE environment variable for include files to pass along gccxml. -h, --help Print this help and exit -v, --version Print version information SEE ALSO
The full documentation for Pyste is maintained in HTML format. If you have the libboost-doc package installed, the manual starts at /usr/share/doc/libboost-doc/HTML/libs/python/pyste/index.html Pyste version 0.9.30 March 2008 PYSTE(1)