Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk - is it possible to import variables from a config file? Post 302775887 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 03:07:49 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Note: some awks needs a space between -v and the awk variable and the shell variables need to be quoted:
Code:
awk -v awkvar1="$shellvar" ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse config variables from external file to shell script

How do i use a config.txt to recursively pass a set of variables to a shell script eg my config.txt looks like this : path=c://dataset/set1 v1= a.bin v2= b.bin path=c://dataset/set2 v1= xy.bin v2= abc.bin .................. and so on . and my testscript : (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradsh
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access variables in a config file inside a shell script

I'm writing a shell script. I want to put the variables in a separate config files and use those inside my script. e.g. the config file (temp.conf)will have the values like mapping=123 file_name=xyz.txt I want to access these variables in temp.conf(i.e. mapping and file_name) from inside the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Issue with parsing config variables

I am using MKS tool kit on windows server. One config variable is defined in windows environment and I am trying to use that variable. # Below RootDir is defined in windows RootDir="\\f01\var" # in unix script details="$RootDir/src|$RootDir/tgt" src=`echo $details|awk -F '|' '{print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhukalyan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse config file and store the values in variables

Hi, I have a config file that has blank, commented lines. I need to escape commented lines, blank lines, parse the remaining lines and store them in variables or array. the config file contains the following lines. # config file # Define Oracle User ORA_USER=abcde ORA_PASS=xyzabc... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmi Chowdam
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL on windows accessing variables from a config file

Folks, I'm a perl moron, so please speak very slowly. : ) I'm modifying a build script that starts up an apache server. Now there is a .config file that hardcodes an old webserver path like this c:\oldWebserver. Now I don't want that hardcoded value, rather wish to use an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MarkoRocko
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Load variables from file

Hi, I'm looking for a way for me to load a set of variables (threshold values) from a file using AWK so that when my AWK script processes a file, I can use the threshold values (loaded into an AWK variable) to compare against the ones in the file being processed. If the threshold exceeds or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilberteu
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put variables commands in config files?

Hi All, Seeking for your assistance on how to put in variables all the commands in /bin config files: /home/test/config_file/config.cfg cat /home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=/bin/echo LS=/bin/lsMain script cat test.sh source=/home/test/config_file/config.cfg ECHO=$ECHO LS=$LS#i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: znesotomayor
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array - Export/Import in global environment variables.

Hello. During startup /etc/bash.bashrc.local generates some array ..... source /.../.../system_common_general_array_env_var ..... The file system_common_general_array_env_var contains : LEAP_VERSION='42.3' ARRAY_MAIN_REPO_LEAP=('zypper_local' 'openSUSE-Leap-'"$LEAP_VERSION"'-Non-Oss' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)