Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX LibC.a usage in /usr/lib/boot/chrp.disk.proto Post 302775843 by DGPickett on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 01:36:55 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Maybe the libC.a file is not where it was told?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/usr/lib/32/32-> Question

Hello UNIX people. I was just cruising around my UFS and came across the directory /usr/lib/32. This directory continues up many directories (/usr/lib/32/32/32/32->). Each level of 32/ directory seems to be a copy of the previous one. I have been working with UNIX for a little while now, but I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaggy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib on a seperate partition

I want to move /usr/lib on a seperate partition. ( is is now all at / ) I know how to copy data and update fstab but... At boot time, the mepis distro already needs stuff from /usr/lib but it is not mounted yet. So i get error before /usr/lib is mounted. Does this mean you cannot move... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
4 Replies

4. AIX

Getting Symbol resolution failed for ../../../lib/libc.a Error

Hi I have compiled a binary on AIX 5.3.0.0 but when i run i get following error Could not load program ACE_wrappers/bin/gperf: Symbol resolution failed for ../../../lib/libc.a(posix_aio.o) because: Symbol _posix_kaio_rdwr (number 2) is not exported from dependent module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khan_nayeem
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Core Dump in /usr/lib/hpux32/libc.so.1

Hi, I am working on a core dump issue, where the dumps happens in OS library, /usr/lib/hpux32/libc.so.1 and version for my OS is as specified by uname -a is: "HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64". Below is the core dump file. Our program terminated with Signal 6. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.gkp
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of /usr/lib/nsr

Hello, I have this folder on my one of the machine but not on other. /usr/lib/nsr can anyone tell me for what this folder is used ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yatrik007
2 Replies

7. Solaris

/usr/lib/vhost.so missing Solaris 5.10

Hi, i have a solaris 5.10 machine on which i am getting below error while executing cat command ld.so.1: cat: fatal: vhost.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed it is related to file vhost.so missing Also when i did ldd cat result is as below libc.so.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

./Vega6: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by ./Vega6)

Hello, I am trying to run a chess pairing program called Vega Chess on RHEL 6.5 Server $ uname -a Linux CDMA 2.6.32-431.el6.i686 #1 SMP Sun Nov 10 22:20:22 EST 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux $ cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)This is the way I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/usr/lib/libv12n.so

Hi, I want to use the function "v12n_domain_uuid" on solaris box. The library "libv12n" is present in /usr/lib but i can't locate the header "libv12n.h" anywhere in the box. How do i run the API "v12n_domain_uuid" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

10. BSD

FreeBSD: /usr/bin/ld not looking in /usr/local/lib

I'm not sure if this is the default behavior for the ld command, but it does not seem to be looking in /usr/local/lib for shared libraries. I was trying to compile the latest version of Kanatest from svn. The autorgen.sh script seems to exit without too much trouble: $ ./autogen.sh checking... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
2 Replies
runit(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  runit(8)

NAME
runit - a UNIX process no 1 SYNOPSIS
runit DESCRIPTION
runit must be run as Unix process no 1. It performs the system's booting, running, and shutdown in three stages: STAGE 1 runit runs /etc/runit/1 and waits for it to terminate. The system's one time tasks are done here. /etc/runit/1 has full control of /dev/console to be able to start an emergency shell if the one time initialization tasks fail. If /etc/runit/1 crashes, or exits 100, runit will skip stage 2 and enter stage 3. STAGE 2 runit runs /etc/runit/2, which should not return until system shutdown; if it crashes, or exits 111, it will be restarted. Normally /etc/runit/2 starts runsvdir(8). runit is able to handle the ctrl-alt-del keyboard request in stage 2, see below. STAGE 3 If runit is told to shutdown the system, or stage 2 returns, it terminates stage 2 if it is running, and runs /etc/runit/3. The systems tasks to shutdown and possibly halt or reboot the system are done here. If stage 3 returns, runit checks if the file /etc/runit/reboot exists and has the execute by owner permission set. If so, the system is rebooted, it's halted otherwise. CTRL-ALT-DEL If runit receives the ctrl-alt-del keyboard request and the file /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel exists and has the execute by owner permission set, runit runs /etc/runit/ctrlaltdel, waits for it to terminate, and then sends itself a CONT signal. SIGNALS
runit only accepts signals in stage 2. If runit receives a CONT signal and the file /etc/runit/stopit exists and has the execute by owner permission set, runit is told to shut- down the system. if runit receives an INT signal, a ctrl-alt-del keyboard request is triggered. SEE ALSO
runit-init(8), runsvdir(8), runsvchdir(8), sv(8), runsv(8), chpst(8), utmpset(8), svlogd(8) http://smarden.org/runit/ AUTHOR
Gerrit Pape <pape@smarden.org> runit(8)