Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help splitting files greater than 250mb Post 302775827 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 01:13:02 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Did you try the code I suggested in message #5 in this thread. If it will work for you, it will eliminate having to post-process all of your big files and it will guarantee that all of your intermediate files are text files. (That may be important unless all that you do with the intermediate files is move them someplace else and recombine them into the original big files.)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting specific files greater then 90 days

I have a directory that contains a number of history files for a process. Every file starts with the string "EVACK". FOr example EVACK0101.000001 EVACK0102.095940 EVACKmmdd.hhmiss I want to erase in the specific directory ONLY(no sub-directories) all EVACK files older then 90 days. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beilstwh
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem creating files greater than 2GB

With the C code I am able to create files greater than 2GB if I use the 64 bit compile option -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64. There I am using the function fprintf to write into the file. But when I use C++ and ofstream the file is getting truncated when the size grows beyond 2GB. Is there any special... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobbyjohnz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Important finding --- find files greater than 1 MB

as we can find file greater than 1 MB with find command as: find /dir -name '*' -size +1M find /dir/* -name '*' -size +1M but wats its doing is , its finding files only in current directory not in sub-directories. i want files from sub-directories too. Please help... Thanx in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj_dahiya22
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trying to find files equal to and greater than

Hi Guys and Gals, I'm having some difficulty putting this check into a shell script. I would like to search a particular directory for a number of files. The logic I have is pretty simple: Find file named *.txt that are newer than <this file> and count them If the number of files is equal to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List of Files which are Greater then a specific date

A newbie question... I need to get a list of the Files and folders which are greater then a specific date. I want write the output to a Text file. What I know ls -lrt gives me list of all the files ordered by date. Also ls > fileName will write the results to a text file. Please help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkaif
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files greater than a particular date in filename.

I need a unix command which will find all the files greater that a particular date in the file name. say for example I have files like(filenaming cov : filename.YYDDMMSSSS.txt) abc.201206015423.txt abc.201207013456.txt abc.201202011234.txt abc.201201024321.txt efg.201202011234.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
11 Replies

7. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Very Urgent ---Need to delete the log files when the disk used% greater than 85% using df -k*

Hi, I am new to Shell scripts. I have an urgent requirement to find the disk space using "df -k". from that output,I need to check the used% whether greater than 85%. if it is greater than 85% then need to delete my log files. It is very urgent please some one help me. Thanks in Advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anandbarnabas
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to delete the log files when the disk used% greater than 85% using df -k

Hi, I am new to Shell scripts. I have an urgent requirement to find the disk space using "df -k". from that output,I need to check the used% whether greater than 85%. if it is greater than 85% then need to delete my log files. It is very urgent please some one help me. Thanks in Advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anandbarnabas
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help list/find files greater 1G move to different directory

I have have 6 empty directory below. I would like write bash scipt if any files less "1000000000" bytes then move to "/export/home/mytmp/final" folder first and any files greater than "1000000000" bytes then move to final1, final2, final3, final4, final4, final5 and that depend see how many files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies
zipnote(1)						      General Commands Manual							zipnote(1)

NAME
zipsplit - split a zipfile into smaller zipfiles SYNOPSIS
zipsplit [-t] [-i] [-p] [-s] [-n size] [-r room] [-b path] [-h] [-q] [-v] [-L] zipfile ARGUMENTS
zipfile Zipfile to split. OPTIONS
-t Report how many files it will take, but don't make them. -i Make index (zipsplit.idx) and count its size against first zip file. -n size Make zip files no larger than "size" (default = 36000). -r room Leave room for "room" bytes on the first disk (default = 0). -b path Use path for the output zip files. -p Pause between output zip files. -s Do a sequential split even if it takes more zip files. -h Show a short help. -q Suppress some informational messages. -v Show version information. -L Show software license. DESCRIPTION
zipsplit reads a zipfile and splits it into smaller zipfiles. EXAMPLES
To be filled in. BUGS
Does not yet support large (> 2 GB) or split archives. SEE ALSO
zip(1), unzip(1) AUTHOR
Info-ZIP v3.0 of 8 May 2008 zipnote(1)