Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to Split a source file in specified format? Post 302775671 by joeyg on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 08:36:45 AM
Old 03-05-2013
Confused by this

Quote:
Target name format must be : XXX_YYY1001.CSV , XXX_YYY1002.CSV,.... XXX_YYY1025.CSV
for 2nd source file it must be
XXX_YYY2001...XXX_YYY2025
and so on for 80 th source file it should be
XXX_YYY8001...XXX_YYY8025
Shouldn't the first source file be XXX_YYY0101.CSV
so the tenth source file can be XXX_YYY1001.CSV
and the 20th source file can be XXX_YYY2001.CSV
and the 80th source file can be XXX_YYY8001.CSV

Not sure if I understand much else, but your example naming convention is quite confusing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of format file to extract columns from a source file

hi experts lets say my format file is B B ========= column no,name,type,length 1,ee,N,12 3,hj,N.4 4,kl,N,5 source file ======== d e f g h i 5 8 9 7 6 5 1 3 4 5 6 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhendu81
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split variable length and variable format CSV file

Dear all, I have basic knowledge of Unix script and her I am trying to process variable length and variable format CSV file. The file length will depend on the numbers of Earnings/Deductions/Direct Deposits. And The format will depend on whether it is Earnings/Deductions or Direct Deposits... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chechun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to split a xml file in proper format

Hi, I have a file which has xml data but all in single line Ex - <?xml version="1.0"?><User><Name>Robert</Name><Location>California</Location><Occupation>Programmer</Occupation></User> I want to split the data in proper xml format Ex- <?xml version="1.0"?> <User> <Name>Robert</Name>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avishek007
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK: changing string-format with split

Hi all, I try to make a awk-script, which counts lines, summarized by pdf and xml. So far it works, but for sorting reasons, I'd like to change the format from the field $1 from dd-mm-yyyy to yyyy-mm-dd. This works find, but: split() and sprintf() prints its output (for no reason, the results... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regisl67
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to format file with conditional split

In the awk below I am splitting $7 on the : (colon) then - (hyphen) as array a. The word chr is printed at the start of every $1 line. Next, $4 is split on the > (greater then) as array b. I am not sure how to account for the two other possibilities in $4 so the correct output is printed. Every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies
slags2.f(3)							      LAPACK							       slags2.f(3)

NAME
slags2.f - SYNOPSIS
Functions/Subroutines subroutine slags2 (UPPER, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, CSU, SNU, CSV, SNV, CSQ, SNQ) SLAGS2 Function/Subroutine Documentation subroutine slags2 (logicalUPPER, realA1, realA2, realA3, realB1, realB2, realB3, realCSU, realSNU, realCSV, realSNV, realCSQ, realSNQ) SLAGS2 Purpose: SLAGS2 computes 2-by-2 orthogonal matrices U, V and Q, such that if ( UPPER ) then U**T *A*Q = U**T *( A1 A2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 A3 ) ( x x ) and V**T*B*Q = V**T *( B1 B2 )*Q = ( x 0 ) ( 0 B3 ) ( x x ) or if ( .NOT.UPPER ) then U**T *A*Q = U**T *( A1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( A2 A3 ) ( 0 x ) and V**T*B*Q = V**T*( B1 0 )*Q = ( x x ) ( B2 B3 ) ( 0 x ) The rows of the transformed A and B are parallel, where U = ( CSU SNU ), V = ( CSV SNV ), Q = ( CSQ SNQ ) ( -SNU CSU ) ( -SNV CSV ) ( -SNQ CSQ ) Z**T denotes the transpose of Z. Parameters: UPPER UPPER is LOGICAL = .TRUE.: the input matrices A and B are upper triangular. = .FALSE.: the input matrices A and B are lower triangular. A1 A1 is REAL A2 A2 is REAL A3 A3 is REAL On entry, A1, A2 and A3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix A. B1 B1 is REAL B2 B2 is REAL B3 B3 is REAL On entry, B1, B2 and B3 are elements of the input 2-by-2 upper (lower) triangular matrix B. CSU CSU is REAL SNU SNU is REAL The desired orthogonal matrix U. CSV CSV is REAL SNV SNV is REAL The desired orthogonal matrix V. CSQ CSQ is REAL SNQ SNQ is REAL The desired orthogonal matrix Q. Author: Univ. of Tennessee Univ. of California Berkeley Univ. of Colorado Denver NAG Ltd. Date: November 2011 Definition at line 152 of file slags2.f. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for LAPACK from the source code. Version 3.4.1 Sun May 26 2013 slags2.f(3)