Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print and append output of nawk script in commandline and as well into a file? Post 302775649 by Optimus81 on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 08:01:11 AM
Old 03-05-2013
Thanks Anbu23. Your suggested solution does the trick for me.

Thanks to pamu for prompt response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

append field to file(nawk)

I have two files. File A and File B. File A has two fields separated by comma 352020252365988, 652020100572356 546876543215667, 652065465654686 ... File B has many Fields separate by spaces Date Name 352020252365988 Reference Date2 Name2 546876543215667 Reference I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: axl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print script output to screen and file

Hi all, I have a script that bulk loads thousands of lines of data. I need to log the output during the execution of the script. I know I can redirect (">") the output to a file; however, I want the output going to both the screen and the log file. I thought I could use pipe to pipe the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output continously from a script

Hi All, Am using the below script to produce some statistics. Currently it send the results to a log file and sends the contents of the log to a mail ID. Next time when it runs it erases the previous log and writes the latest output to the log file. I want the output to be appended to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal84
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with print append to output file syntax

I'm trying to output the contents of the infile to the outfile using Append. I will want to use append but the syntax doesn't seem to be working ! Input file (called a.txt) contains this: a a a b b b I'm running shell script (called k.sh) from Unix command-line like this: ./k.sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: script_op2a
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to compare xml files and print output to a file

All, PLease can you help me with a shell script which can compare two xml files and print the difference to a output file. I have attached one such file for you reference. <Group> <Member ID=":Year_Quad:41501" childCount="4" fullPath="PEPSICO Year-Quad-Wk : FOLDER.52 Weeks Ending Dec... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append column using awk/nawk

Is there any way I can achieve this? Considering test1 : a 1 2 3 4 b 2 3 4 5 c 12 1232 14 1 d 10 13 4 5 e 1 5 6 9 1 And test to be some string : qw twe tew we qw I want something like this : a 1 2 qw 4 b 2 3 twe 5 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aksijain
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Append the output of a script running in remote server to a file in local server?

Hi guys, So i am in server1 and i have to login to server 2, 3,4 and run some script there(logging script) and output its result. What i am doing is running the script in server2 and outputting it to a file in server 2 and then Scp'ing the file to server1. Similarly i am doing this for other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
5 Replies

10. Programming

Python script to run multiple command and append data in output csv file

Experts, I am writing a script and able to write only small piece of code and not able to collect logic to complete this task. In input file have to look for name like like this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) before sh iss neors. Record this (BGL_HSR_901_1AG_A_CR9KTR10) in csv file Now have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
0 Replies
ckint(1)							   User Commands							  ckint(1)

NAME
ckint, errint, helpint, valint - display a prompt; verify and return an integer value SYNOPSIS
ckint [-Q] [-W width] [-b base] [-d default] [-h help] [-e error] [-p prompt] [-k pid [-s signal]] /usr/sadm/bin/errint [-W width] [-b base] [-e error] /usr/sadm/bin/helpint [-W width] [-b base] [-h help] /usr/sadm/bin/valint [-b base] input DESCRIPTION
The ckint utility prompts a user, then validates the response. It defines, among other things, a prompt message whose response should be an integer, text for help and error messages, and a default value (which will be returned if the user responds with a carriage return). All messages are limited in length to 70 characters and are formatted automatically. Any white space used in the definition (including new- line) is stripped. The -W option cancels the automatic formatting. When a tilde is placed at the beginning or end of a message definition, the default text will be inserted at that point, allowing both custom text and the default text to be displayed. If the prompt, help or error message is not defined, the default message (as defined under NOTES) will be displayed. Three visual tool modules are linked to the ckint command. They are errint (which formats and displays an error message), helpint (which formats and displays a help message), and valint (which validates a response). These modules should be used in conjunction with FML objects. In this instance, the FML object defines the prompt. When base is defined in the errint and helpint modules, the messages will include the expected base of the input. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b base Defines the base for input. Must be 2 to 36, default is 10. -d default Defines the default value as default. The default is not validated and so does not have to meet any criteria. -e error Defines the error message as error. -h help Defines the help messages as help. -k pid Specifies that process ID pid is to be sent a signal if the user chooses to abort. -p prompt Defines the prompt message as prompt. -Q Specifies that quit will not be allowed as a valid response. -s signal Specifies that the process ID pid defined with the -k option is to be sent signal signal when quit is chosen. If no signal is specified, SIGTERM is used. -W width Specifies that prompt, help and error messages will be formatted to a line length of width. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: input Input to be verified against base criterion. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful execution. 1 EOF on input, or negative width on -W option, or usage error. 3 User termination (quit). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) NOTES
The default base 10 prompt for ckint is: Enter an integer [?,q]: The default base 10 error message is: ERROR - Please enter an integer. The default base 10 help message is: Please enter an integer. The messages are changed from "integer" to "base base integer" if the base is set to a number other than 10. When the quit option is chosen (and allowed), q is returned along with the return code 3. The valint module will not produce any output. It returns 0 for success and non-zero for failure. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 ckint(1)