Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My script is not working
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers My script is not working Post 302775543 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 5th of March 2013 03:59:18 AM
Old 03-05-2013
Unix standard shell needs = not ==
Code:
if [ "$PRE_LBNO" = "$CURR_LBNO" -a "$PRE_DATE" = "$CURR_DATE" ] || [ "$PRE_LBNO" = 0 -a "$PRE_DATE" = 0 ]

Further, variables should be quoted in command arguments!
Code:
echo "$line"

This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working..."sort" not working properly....

Hello all, I have a file - 12.txt cat 12.txt =============================================== Number of executions = 2 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.009883 Number of executions = 8 Total execution time (sec.ms) = 0.001270 Number of... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahulpict
23 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

script not working

hi guys im new to unix and what to get this script working the scripts purpose its purpose is to move files i copy it from a HP UX pdf just for practice but when i execute it comes up wit this error command not found on the line if plz help me and thank in advance to those who do ps im... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShinTec
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP !! script not working..

Hi all, I have a piece of code which cork perfect. It copy the no of lines from some files (*.log) into finalLog file. It read the lines after the line have text "ntot". Here it is : #!/bin/bash ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working from cron while working manually

Hello, I am facing a very strange problem when I run my script manuallu ./Fetchcode which is using to connect with MKS integrity from linux end it workks fine but when I run it from cron it doesn't work.Can someone help me 1) How could I check my script when it is running from cron like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in cron but working fine manually

Help. My script is working fine when executed manually but the cron seems not to catch up the command when registered. The script is as follow: #!/bin/sh for file in file_1.txt file_2.txt file_3.txt do awk '{ print "0" }' $file > tmp.tmp mv tmp.tmp $file done And the cron... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect script inside shell script not working.

Shell Scipt: temp.sh su - <$username> expect pass.exp Expect script: pass.exp #!/usr/bin/expect -f # Login ####################### expect "Password: " send "<$password>\r" it comes up with Password: but doesnt take password passed throguh file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhavesh.sapra
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working

Hi i have write the one scripts and the scripts is error. The scripts purpose select one directory to check the file is there or not. i will give the two format of file to search the mention the path one file is there to select the file one copy the another location.please check the my script give... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajivgandhi
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why is this script not working?

for file in $(find /home/p611568/*.rpt -mtime -2 | grep -v ftplog) do awk '$1 == "XifPages," {PAGE = $5} $1 == "XifEndOfDocuments," {LINE = $5} index($0,"Value") && index($1,"Info") {sevGTI = 1} END {if (sevGTI) printf "%7s%10s%s",PAGE,LINE ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcarosi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with speeding up my working script to take less time - how to use more CPU usage for a script

Hello experts, we have input files with 700K lines each (one generated for every hour). and we need to convert them as below and move them to another directory once. Sample INPUT:- # cat test1 1559205600000,8474,NormalizedPortInfo,PctDiscards,0.0,Interface,BG-CTA-AX1.test.com,Vl111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
7 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)