Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split a file using 2-D indexing system Post 302775445 by mirni on Monday 4th of March 2013 11:00:48 PM
Old 03-05-2013
Try:
Code:
awk -v ft=$ftmp '{i=i++%3+1;  i2=(i==1)?i2+1:i2; print > ft"."i2"."i}' RS="\n>\n"  p.dat

Last edited by mirni; 03-05-2013 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: removed unnecessary OFS="."
This User Gave Thanks to mirni For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array indexing in shell

Hi , I have 4 array as below Input: servernames=(10.144.0.129 10.144.0.130 10.144.0.131) subfolder_129=(PSTN_SigtranCamel_03 PSTN_SigtranCamel_04 PSTN_SigtranCamel_05) subfolder_130=(SigtranCamel_11 SigtranCamel_12 SigtranCamel_13 SigtranCamel_14 SigtranCamel_15)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[ask]filtering file to indexing...

dear all, i have file with format like this file_master.txt 20110212|231213|rio|apri|23112|222222 20110212|312311|jaka|dino|31223|543234 20110301|343322|alfan|budi|32131|333311 ... i want filter with output like this index_nm.txt rio|apri jaka|dino ... index_years.txt 20110212... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zvtral
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

indexing list of words in a file

Hey all, I'm doing a project currently and want to index words in a webpage. So there would be a file with webpage content and a file with list of words, I want an output file with true and false that would show which word exists in the webpage. example: Webpage content data.html ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

indexing a file

hello guys, I have a file like this: input.dat Push-to-talk No Coonection IP support Support for IP telephony Yes Built-in SIP stack Yes Support via software Yes Microsoft Support for Microsoft Exchange Yes UMA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk, array indexing

cat filename|nawk ' { FS="="; if (!a++ == 0) print $0 } ' can anyone plz explain how does array inexing works,how it is evaluating if (!a++ == 0)?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreamzalive
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing Variable Names

Hi All I think I might have bitten off more than I can chew here and I'm hoping some of you guys with advanced pattern matching skills can help me. What I want to do is index the occurrence of variable names within a library of scripts that I have. Don't ask why, I'm just sad like that... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbq
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Single Liner for indexing

Hello, This is pretty simple, I`m looking for a faster and better method than brute force that I`m doing. I have a 20GB file looks like Name1,Var1,Val1 Name1,Var2,Val2 Name2,Var1,Val3 Name2,Var2,Val4 I want 3 files. Nameindex 1 Name1 2 Name2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Split a big file system to several files

Gents Actually I have question and i need your support. I have this NAS file system mounted as /coresys has size of 7 TB I need to Split this file system into several file systems as mount points I mean how to can I Split it professionally to different NAS mount points how to can I decide... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Split huge File System

Gents I have huge NAS File System as /sys with size 10 TB and I want to Split each 1TB in spirit File System to be mounted in the server. How to can I do that without changing anything in the source. Please your support. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AbuAliiiiiiiiii
1 Replies
GETRUSAGE(3)								 1							      GETRUSAGE(3)

getrusage - Gets the current resource usages

SYNOPSIS
array getrusage ([int $who]) DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to getrusage(2). It gets data returned from the system call. PARAMETERS
o $who - If $who is 1, getrusage will be called with RUSAGE_CHILDREN. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array containing the data returned from the system call. All entries are accessible by using their documented field names. EXAMPLES
Example #1 getrusage(3) example <?php $dat = getrusage(); echo $dat["ru_nswap"]; // number of swaps echo $dat["ru_majflt"]; // number of page faults echo $dat["ru_utime.tv_sec"]; // user time used (seconds) echo $dat["ru_utime.tv_usec"]; // user time used (microseconds) ?> CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------+ | 7.0.0 | | | | | | | This function is now supported on Windows. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Note On Windows getrusage(3) will only return the following members: o "ru_stime.tv_sec" o "ru_stime.tv_usec" o "ru_utime.tv_sec" o "ru_utime.tv_usec" o "ru_majflt" (only if $who is RUSAGE_SELF) o "ru_maxrss" (only if $who is RUSAGE_SELF) If getrusage(3) is called with $who set to 1 ( RUSAGE_CHILDREN), then resource usage for threads are collected (meaning that inter- nally the function is called with RUSAGE_THREAD). Note on BeOS 2000, only the following members are returned: o "ru_stime.tv_sec" o "ru_stime.tv_usec" o "ru_utime.tv_sec" o "ru_utime.tv_usec" SEE ALSO
Your system's man page on getrusage(2). PHP Documentation Group GETRUSAGE(3)