Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error details in mail
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Error details in mail Post 302775301 by MadeInGermany on Monday 4th of March 2013 02:25:00 PM
Old 03-04-2013
2nd argument of grep is a file name.
Either
Code:
printf "%s\n" "$rec" | grep -q "INFO"

or replace it by a case statement
Code:
case $rec in
 *INFO*) echo "$rec" | /usr/bin/mailx -s "Error `date`" maddy@mycompany.com
 ;;
esac

---------- Post updated at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:22 PM ----------

PS. Maddy, your code is hard to read. Please re-edit and wrap in CODE tags!

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 03-04-2013 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: quoted
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail Error

Hi When trying to access my UNIX mail account I am getting this error message, can anyone suggest a way to get in and delete some of these messages please? Can I simply delete my mail file or hack it with a text editor? Thanks :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deggzy
3 Replies

2. Linux

Error While retriving Host details from Nagios

Whoops! Error: Could not read object configuration data! Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error: 1. Verify configuration options using the -v command-line option to check for errors. 2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manian_balu
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending mail error.. help

help i get this error when i sending a mail send-mail: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory Can't send mail: sendmail process failed this is my coding echo "$PRONAME is being restart" | mailxs "Subject:Process" "sally@$THISHOST" i wish to send this mail to my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkc
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

-c option gives error in mail

Hi, I am getting illegal option error while using -c to CC in mail. command used: mailx -s "Report" -c xyz@abc.com < /tmp/report Machine: HP UX. Please help me out. Looking you forward. Thanks in Advance. Jagadeesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
3 Replies

5. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail error

Hi All, I a trying to send a mail from shell script. But it doesn't send the mail to the specified Emailid. Inturn it sends to the Server userid. Let me know whether i need to include the SMTP server details. If so how? echo "CVS checkout completed" | mail -s "Auto cvs checkout"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino_hymi
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailx & mail error

I have 3 Solaris Unix 5.10 machine One of them is successfully sending mails using mail commands the 2 others are not , when i try to send using mail or mailx , i get this message within few seconds drop_privileges: setuid(0) succeeded (when it should not) The working and non-working... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khalidms
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies