Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Columns Built in awk Variables don't export Post 302775277 by Scrutinizer on Monday 4th of March 2013 12:35:12 PM
Old 03-04-2013
Why use awk? Try:
Code:
read NAME NAME2 < /tmp/tst
export NAME NAME2

--
@bipinajith, you do not need to chmod +x if you only source a file..
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk built in variables

Dear experts I am learning awk command through some books on Solaris 8. I have tested the folloing command awk 'BEGIN { print match ("And" , /d/)}' then the result is as following awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: illegal statement near line 1 Could you please help on this and just... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export variables

I have a master shell, which calls another shell to export some env variables. But when I just run the child shell from the command line, and see if the variables are exported by doing, echo $EXPORTED_VAR1 I am not seeing the value. But I am sure, I am using the child shell from a master... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srishan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

export env variables

hi i want to write a shell script to set environment variables . But i am not been able to set that for the current shell instead i have to spawn a new shell. Is there a way to set the env variable for the current shell using shell script in bash shell ? Thnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to export variables

Hi, I am a newbie to unix as well as scripting. I need to write a script, which on execution sets the necessay oracle variables. Can someone help me out as to how to proceed? also can u suggest good tutorial for bash/shell scripting? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aboxilica
1 Replies

5. Solaris

not able to export the Variables

I am working with Sun Solaris 9 and I want to export the environment variable from my application(xxxx.ksh) but I am not able to see it when I am using SET command I am writing some variables which I have to set COMMON_USER_HOME=${HOME} export COMMON_USER_HOME echo... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab jobs don't see variables defined in /etc/profile

Is it true that Crontab jobs don't see variables defined in /etc/profile? How to get around that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash script with export variables

Hi all guys, how you can read in thread title, I'm deploying a bash script in which I have to export some variables inside it. But (I think you know) the export command works only inside the script and so, on exit command, the variables aren't set like I set inside the script. Consequently in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export table of 50 columns

Dear all, I have a big table of 50 columns and more then 100, 000 rows in mysql. Could you please help me that how I can export it as .csv or . txt that I can open it in MS excel????? OR how can I export the specific columns of the table??? Thanks AAWT (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read variables from a file and then export it.

Hi I want to read variables from one file and then set it as environment variable; The text file is test.txt which contains SPEED:1000 IP:172.26.126.11 My code is: while read line; do var1=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN {FS=":"} { print $1 }'` echo $var1 var2=`echo $line | awk 'BEGIN {FS=":"}... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SSM
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variables to subshells

So i have a script that is like this: #!/bin/sh VARA="elementary 1 elementary 2 nursery A nursery B highschool AZ" echo "${ContentOfADifferentSCRIPT}" | sh i do not have control over the script that is inside the variable "${ContentOfADifferentSCRIPT}". however, i know that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)