Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Issue installing pam-1.1.1-10.el6.i686 using yum Post 302775253 by talk1234 on Monday 4th of March 2013 12:02:07 PM
Old 03-04-2013
Thanks for your inputs. We have tried renaming these files but even then we had received same errors.
we can try removing man page files from the existing package and will see if it helps.
Do we need to remove man page files from the package pam-1.1.1-10.el6.i686 (to be installed) If yes then how can we do this.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Centos commands: Yum Upgrade versus Yum update

Hi, I would like to know the difference between YUM UPDATE and YUM UPGRADE. The man pages say upgrade is same as update with the obsolete option. And by default it says the obsolete option is turned on, which would make them equivalent. Does not say what obsolete does. Can someone please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

yum issue

Hi Guys, I am trying install mysql.i386 with yum... But unfortunately I am getting error as listed below: # yum install mysql.i386 Loaded plugins: fastestmirror Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh_raghu
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

Installing yum and createrepo

Hello all, I'm stuck with a problem on REDHAT Enterprise (uname -r show: 2.4.21-57.ELsmp) The only way to install package is using RPM, but since I'm a newbie I got a lot of dependencies warnings. I installed yum, but the problem now is that I'm not able to create a local repository to install... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
6 Replies

4. Red Hat

Need help to create netboot image for EL6 kernel

We use netboot to boot our RedHat Linux kernels. We usually use mknbi tool to create netboot image from Red Hat Linux kernel. However, I can't get this to work with the new Red Hat EL6 kernel. One online document I found seems to say mknbi should not be used for Linux 2.6 or newer kernels any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyao02459
1 Replies

5. Linux

Installing centOS in i686

I am not able to find any references related to installing centOS in i686 machine ? Is it supported or not ? This does not list it at all, so a little bit confused CentOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia No luck with google also ! Appreciate if somebody can help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Fedora 16 (i686) DVD boot issue in x86 (32bit)

Hi, I'm using fedora for 5 years. recently i decided to install new version (16). after i reboot the computer and want to boot from dvd nothing happen's and system boot's from hard disk (i have setup the bios to directly boot from dvd-rom and my dvd-rom is ok). i have downloaded (again) fc16 dvd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ba$h
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

'yum install createrepo' issue

Hi, Here is the issue: # yum install createrepo Warning, could not load sqlite, falling back to pickle Setting up Install Process Setting up repositories file://var/yum_rpm/repodata/repomd.xml: OSError: No such file or directory: '/yum_rpm/repodata/repomd.xml' Trying other mirror. Cannot... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

8. SuSE

PAM password change failed, pam error 20

Hi, I use a software which can create account on many system or application. One of resource which is managed by this soft his a server SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86_64). patch level 3. This application which is an IBM application use ssh to launch command to create account in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scabarrus
3 Replies

9. Linux

Issue with yum install migrationtools

Dear Friends, AM installing openldap, during that need to install migrationtools through yum install. But when run the command "yum install migrationtools" its throughin below errors. There is not folder migrationtool is creating as you can see below. Even i tried with -skip-broken that alos... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chand
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Installation of virt-manager while yum update and yum install rhvm does not work

I have downloaded RHEV-H 4.2 Red Hat Virtualization - Red Hat Customer Portal (RHVirtualization 4.2 Host and Manager iso). I uploaded the image and installed on an HP G9 server baremetal. I found I dont have a WAN/net connectivity later on HPG9 server. How can I still install virt-manager on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)

NAME
pam-auth-update - manage PAM configuration using packaged profiles SYNOPSIS
pam-auth-update [--package [--remove profile [profile...]]] [--force] DESCRIPTION
pam-auth-update is a utility that permits configuring the central authentication policy for the system using pre-defined profiles as sup- plied by PAM module packages. Profiles shipped in the /usr/share/pam-configs/ directory specify the modules, with options, to enable; the preferred ordering with respect to other profiles; and whether a profile should be enabled by default. Packages providing PAM modules reg- ister their profiles at install time by calling pam-auth-update --package. Selection of profiles is done using the standard debconf inter- face. The profile selection question will be asked at `medium' priority when packages are added or removed, so no user interaction is required by default. Users may invoke pam-auth-update directly to change their authentication configuration. The script makes every effort to respect local changes to /etc/pam.d/common-*. Local modifications to the list of module options will be preserved, and additions of modules within the managed portion of the stack will cause pam-auth-update to treat the config files as locally modified and not make further changes to the config files unless given the --force option. If the user specifies that pam-auth-update should override local configuration changes, the locally-modified files will be saved in /etc/pam.d/ with a suffix of .pam-old. OPTIONS
--package Indicate that the caller is a package maintainer script; lowers the priority of debconf questions to `medium' so that the user is not prompted by default. --remove profile [profile...] Remove the specified profiles from the system configuration. pam-auth-update --remove should be used to remove profiles from the configuration before the modules they reference are removed from disk, to ensure that PAM is in a consistent and usable state at all times during package upgrades or removals. --force Overwrite the current PAM configuration, without prompting. This option must not be used by package maintainer scripts; it is intended for use by administrators only. FILES
/etc/pam.d/common-* Global configuration of PAM, affecting all installed services. /usr/share/pam-configs/ Package-supplied authentication profiles. AUTHOR
Steve Langasek <steve.langasek@canonical.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Canonical Ltd. SEE ALSO
PAM(7), pam.d(5), debconf(7) Debian 08/23/2008 PAM-AUTH-UPDATE(8)