Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu Post 302775233 by Zel2008 on Monday 4th of March 2013 11:01:42 AM
Old 03-04-2013
Ubuntu Trouble accessing SVN on Ubuntu

Hi all,
I'm running SVN on Ubuntu 12.04, and I have to connect it to an online repository accessed by HTTPS. I can check out files from the repository just fine with the command:

Code:
svn checkout <https://pathToRepository>

But, I can't update the working copy properly after I make changes. I change a file in the working copy, and then try to update and get this:

Code:
svn up
At revision 3.

Revision 3 is the most current in the repository, but the update command doesn't seem to know that I changed any files.

I've been doing some Googling on this, and there seem to be 2 possible answers to this (or maybe 1, I'm not sure). It seems like you can either install a program called neon (or do I have to build it inside my existing svn executable?), or create your own web server. But, it also seems like you have to do both, based on some sources. I don't need to serve any repositories; all I need to do is access the online repository and update my working copy or commit to the online repository when necessary.

I'm very confused here -- would anyone be willing to give me a clear explanation of what I need to do? I'm sure if I get pointed in the right direction that I'll be able to handle it -- I just need that first push.

If anyone could clarify things for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Zel2008

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Ubuntu Realtime Kernel Trouble

Ever since the new release of the Realtime kernel, JACK and Ardour and anything else that could use it doesn't work. It works if i turn off realtime in Jack, but thats precisely why I installed intrepid in the first place. for the realtime kernel. it worked so well! what i've learned with linux:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheMusician
1 Replies

2. Linux

accessing a Debial home doc when booted ob Ubuntu

Sure it's been covered before my key words probably wrong for search, but I have a triple boot operate mostly in Ubuntu and would like to access debian files to see them without re-booting My first post and great to be here Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worthamtx
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

[UBUNTU] mount.nfs fails in Ubuntu / Works on Red Hat!!!

Gurus, I want log in locally to my Lucid (10.04) workstation and have my code saved over the network on my samba account At work, all developers have samba user ids and when we were running Red Hat, we went thru the following procedure to get setup. * open a shell session to NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

SVN user permissions trouble

I am trying to add a user to my SVN server that can only access one of about a dozen repositories I have set up. Here are the files that I think need changed and what I have set them to. No matter what I try with these files I am unable to see the results I am after. In the end I want this new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benn600
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accessing my windows Application on Ubuntu

I am sure this is simple to do but as a newbie to UNIX i don't know much. I have Ubuntu installed on my machine alongside windows 7. How do i access all the folders, files and more importantly programs and softwares installed on Windows so i can use them in Ubuntu instead of going back and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pipsonian
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to integrate SVN client to SVN server repository.

Hi, I am new to SVN configuration on Solaris 10.I have installed SVN client version 1.7. bash-3.00# ./svn --version svn, version 1.7.4 (r1295709) compiled Mar 2 2012, 12:59:36 Here my requirement is how to integrate svn client to One of the SVN server repository. My repository... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble Compling ZoneMinder 1.25.X from Source/Ubuntu 12.04

I orginally installed Zoneminder 1.25.X on Ubuntu 12.04 using there repositories and ran into a roadblock using the Bluecherry BC-08240A - 8 port video, 8 port audio realtime hardware compression card. The card requires the solo6010-dkm driver which uses ('extended' layouts) Using the display... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making post down hook script for svn regarding sending emails after an file is committed in svn

Hi Folks , I am asking this question but i apologise please if this is not the correct forum , I have to develop a shell script that i want to place in at hooks/post-commit , that is basically i have to develop a post hook script and the main functionality of that script would be lets say if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunsun06060606
0 Replies
SVK::Help::Intro(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       SVK::Help::Intro(3)

NAME
SVK::Help::Intro - Introduction to svk DESCRIPTION
svk is an open source distributed version control system which is designed to interoperate with Subversion. Like other version control systems, it keeps track of each change you make to a project and allows you to maintain multiple parallel tracks of development. svk also has a number of powerful features which are rarely found in other version control systems. svk has been designed from the ground up to support development models that are simple and intuitive for software developers. It has advanced smart branching and merging semantics that make it easy to maintain multiple parallel lines of development and painless to merge changes across branches. svk's built in patch manager makes it easy for non-committers to share changes among themselves and with project maintainers svk provides powerful support for distributed development. Every svk client is capable of fully mirroring remote Subversion repositories so that you have full access to a project's history at any time, even when they are off the network or on the wrong side of a firewall. You can branch a remote project at any point in that project's history, whether or not you have write access to that project's repository. Later, you can integrate changes from the project's master server (usually with a single command) or push your branch up to another Subversion repository. GETTING STARTED
svk has a rich command line interface that can be somewhat daunting at first. the following few commands are all you'll need for day to day operation. svk mirror First, you'll need to mirror a remote repository. This sets up a local copy of that repository for you to branch from, merge to and otherwise poke at. The local path is sometimes called a "depot path." svk mirror svn://svn.example.com/project_x //mirror/project_x svk sync When you've set up a new mirror or want to get some work done without a network connection, sync your local repository with upstream repositories. svk sync //mirror/project_x svk checkout When you want to get some work done, you can checkout a working copy to make changes. cd ~/svk-checkouts svk co //mirror/project_x If you want to work offline, you can create a local branch cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk branch --offline svk add, svk delete and svk move As you work on the files in your working copy, feel free to add new files, delete existing files and move files around. cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk add Changelog svk move badly_named_file.c well_named_file.c svk delete .README.swp svk commit When you're done, just commit your changes to your local repository, whether or not you have network. If you commit to a mirrored path, rather than a local branch, you'll need to be able to access the path's upstream subversion server, but the commit will be sent to the server instantly. svk commit svk pull Life doesn't stop when you make a local branch. From time to time, pull down changes from the upstream repository. cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk pull svk push When you're ready to share your changes with the world, push them to the upstream repository. cd ~/svk-checkouts/project_x svk push To see a full list of svk's commands, type "svk help commands". For help with a specific command, just type "svk help command". The svk wiki (<http://svk.bestpractical.com>) is a great place to find the latest svk tips, tricks and updates. If you run into trouble using svk, the wiki's the right place to start looking for help. perl v5.10.0 2008-09-13 SVK::Help::Intro(3)