Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arithmetic calculations in bash file Post 302774921 by Yoda on Sunday 3rd of March 2013 08:07:38 PM
Old 03-03-2013
Code:
awk ' BEGIN { printf "%f\n", (0.569000006-0.369000018) / 5.0 } '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-integer calculations in bash

I'm new at scripting but I thought I was getting pretty good at it. I've hit a snag. I try to use expr to compute a fraction say: expr 3 / 4, and I'm getting zero. I guess it's just truncating to the integer, in this case 0, but I need the decimal 0.75. What can I do to compute this value in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

any way to speed up calculations in bash script

hi i have a script that is taking the difference of multiple columns in a file from a value from a single row..so far i have a loop to do that.. all the data is floating point..fin has the difference between array1 and array2..array1 has 700 x 300= 210000 values and array2 has 700 values.. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help is manipulating a file with some arithmetic operations using bash script

Friends, I have a file with contents like: interface Serial0/4/0/0/1/1/1/1:0 encapsulation mfr multilink group 101 Now I need to manipulate the file in such a way that to all the numbers less than 163, 63 gets added and to all numbers greater than 163, 63 gets deducted.(The numbers... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrijith1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculations in bash

HI i have following problem, i need to use split command to split files each should be cca 700 lines but i dont know how to inplement it in the scripts becasuse each time the origin file will be various size , any body got any idea cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvok
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic operations in bash,ksh,sh

Guys, The below expression is valid in which shells (sh,ksh,bash,csh)? VAR1=2 VAR2=$(($VAR1 -2)) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script range calculations

Hi, I have data in the following form: AB001 10 AB002 9 AB003 9 etc AB200 5 What I need to do is sum up the second value according to groups of the first, i.e. AB001 to AB030 the total being X, AB031 to AB050 the total being Y etc (there are 5 AB ranges of different sizes). I'm sure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrissycc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Arithmetic calculations in Shell script

Hi, I need a help with arithmetic calculations in my script. I have two variables: a=17; b=1712 I want to perform ($a/$b)*100 with two decimals in the result. I tried with following: res=$((100*a/b)) res=`echo "scale=2; $a / $b" | bc` But I am not getting the decimal values.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karumudi7
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic on a Float in bash

I am using bash I have a script that takes a number, i.e. 85.152, which is always a non integer and essentially tries to get that number to be a multiple of 10. My code is as follows: number=85.152 A=${number%.*} #Converts float to integer typeset -i B=$(((A-20)/10)) #subtracting 20 is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arithmetic issue

I found the following issue by simply increasing a variable. The ((A++)) expression returns an error, the other expressions both return 0. Does anyone know why? script.sh: #! /bin/bash A=0 B=0 C=0 ((A++)) ; echo "${?}" ((B=B+1)) ; echo "${?}" ((C+=1))... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbrand
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arithmetic with bash

I need to divide the number of white spaces by total number of characters in a file using bash. I am able to get the number of white spaces correctly using: tr -cd < afile | wc -c I am also able to get the total number of characters using: wc -c afile How do I divide the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ngabrani
2 Replies
Locale::Script(3perl)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				     Locale::Script(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. The ones currently supported are: alpha This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA". The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. numeric This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC". ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Script(3perl)