Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic awk help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic awk help Post 302774711 by sectech on Sunday 3rd of March 2013 12:52:24 AM
Old 03-03-2013
Basic awk help

Im sure this is an easy question, but Ive tried and tried to get this to print all on one line and cant figure out why its not, so maybe someone can help
Code:
awk '/AP/{sub(/:80/, "", $4);printf $4"\t"} /User-Agent/{sub(/^[^:][^:]*:/,"");print};sub(/\.80/,"", $4);/Host/{sub(/^[^:][^:]*:/,""); print}'

What this prints is "AP" then "User-Agent" on one line(good) but then prints "HOST" on a separate line? How can I get all three to print on a single line?

Thanks!Smilie

Last edited by sectech; 03-03-2013 at 01:58 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk basic issue

Hi all, I have an awk basic question. file.text Our Location: Our home has light yellow siding, and is a duplex on Main Street, across from the High School, and across the lane from the Health Center If I run: cat file.txt | awk '{print $2}' | grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic awk question...getting awk to act on $1 of the command itself

I have a script problem that I am not able to solve due my very limited understanding of unix/awk. This is the contents of test.sh awk '{print $1}' From the prompt if I enter: ./test.sh Hello World I would expect to see "Hello" but all I get is a blank line. Only then if I enter "Hello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasonHamm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic awk questions

I find an script with awk sitting around. I went through some online manuals, but I can't figure out exactly how it works. I can't post the whole program. Not allowed. This is the line that is confusing me. I get when else is in the script grep -v "^REM " $1| grep -v "JUNK;" | awk -F" "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with basic Awk script

Here's a basic awk program I am trying to run. It shows no error but shows no result either too. If someone can look up and tell me what's wrong I will be obliged. Thanks. :) Code Snippet. #!/bin/bash awk '{ for (i = 1 ; i <= 3 ; i++) for ( j = 1 ; j <= 3 ; j++ ) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.amitkc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic loop awk/shell script question..

Hi, Sorry if this is a newbie question. I guess you can use either awk or shell script for this sequence of operations, but knowing very little about either of them I'm not sure how I should try to write this. The basic objective is to copy certain files that are scattered all over my... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic awk...newbie quetion

Hi, I was trying to change the value of the 4th column (put '1' in the 4th column of each row). My awk command is: awk -F, '{$3=1;}1' OFS= input.txt > ./test_out.txt My input file is: a 1 2 31 b 4 5 61 c 7 8 91 My output file (test_out.txt)is: a 1 2 31 b 4 5 61 c 7 8 91 What... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic arithmetic operation with awk?

input: Name|Operation rec_10|1+2+2- Output: rec_10|1 Basically I am trying to calculate the result of "the path" in $3 where the operators follow the number and not preceding them like we normally do: rec_10: +1+2-2=1 But I realise (I am sure there is a good reason for that) that awk... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusing of some basic awk

1. increase file space first, double space a file: awk '1;{print ""}' I probably can understand it:print a blank line every time.But when I read triple space a file I am confused: awk '1;{print "\n"}' doesn't it meaning print a blank line every time too? 2. number each line of file, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
6 Replies
lpstat(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lpstat(1)

Name
       lpstat - printer status information

Syntax
       lpstat [ options ]

Description
       The utility prints the status of the system printers.

Without any options, prints the status of print requests made to the default printer.

This command exists for X/OPEN compatibility.

Options
       Some of the options can be followed by a list of arguments.  The arguments must be specified as follows:
       lpstat -uuser1,user2,user3
       List  items  can be separated by spaces, but the list must be enclosed in quotes.  If you do not include any arguments, all the information
       relevant to the option is printed.

The valid options for are:

-a (R)[ printer1, printer2, ...	(R)]

Print whether or not printers are accepting print requests.

-d Print the name of the default system printer.

-o (R)[ printer1, printer2, ...	(R)]

Print the status of print requests.

-p (R)[ printer1, printer2, ...	(R)]

Print the status of printers.

-r Print the status of the line printer daemon,

-s Print a status summary, including the status of the line printer daemon and the default system printer.

-t Print all status information.

-u (R)[ user1, user2, ...  (R)]

Print the status of users' print requests.

See Also
       lp(1), lpq(1), lpr(1), lpc(8)

lpstat(1)