Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port) Post 302774525 by bakunin on Saturday 2nd of March 2013 10:14:37 AM
Old 03-02-2013
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment alinamadchian: You have already opened a thread with this question. True, it is (was - i moved it) in the wrong forum, but this can happen. Please, instead of opening a second thread for the same question just ask a moderator or admin to correct it. We are not only able and willing to do that (in fact this is what we are here for), we are also adamant about keeping order in our threads.

Thank you for your consideration.

I am no going to merge the two threads into one. If you think my placement in "IP networking" is not as good as in "UNIX for Dummies" just say so and i can put it in a more suitable place. Do NOT open another thread for this, only if you have another problem, unrelated to this one.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

tcp problem with port

I am trying to connect via DBACCESS and Informix server to a server on a different computer. When I execute the connect command from dbaccess I get the following message, Exec format error cannot bind a name to the port. As far as I know the port is not being used by another client. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lopez
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirecting output to TCP port

Hi All, I suspect this is simple but I cannot find any info on it. I have a logfile on a solaris box (EMS) that I want to tail -f but I want the output of this to be redirected to a TCP port. I have a second solaris box (PEM) running patrol enterprise manager that I am using as an alarm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mscomms
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

restrict tcp-port access

Hi Is there any way to restrict the TCP-IP port usage. I want to restrict TCP-IP port 1500/1550 to the oracle osuser. Tanks in advance. Remi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: remivisser
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Locked TCP port in Solaris 10

Hi all I haven't had much experience with Solaris 10 but we've started running into a problem where a process hangs, it is killed and leaves a zombie process. The sysadmins are saying this zombie process is locking a tcp port and not allowing the process to start up. The process is a usually... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casphar
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Unknown open port: "6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker" found with nmap

Hi. I ran nmap on my server, and I get the following: Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2009-03-19 16:33 EDT Interesting ports on -------- (-----): Not shown: 997 closed ports PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 6881/tcp open bittorrent-tracker The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rledley
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCP port assignment

I have multiple processes running the same program on my linux machine. For each process I want to be able to use a unique (available) TCP port. I have thought of using netstat to check which ports are available for use however, the time-window between checking and selecting might expose some race... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timmylita
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to list process connected to tcp port?

Hey guys, I need to kill the process that is currently connected to port 10540. I'm on HP-UX machine. Below is the result of my netstat. $ netstat -an |grep 10540 tcp 0 0 129.0.0.1.10540 *.* LISTEN We don't have lsof command, but we have fuser. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brichigo
3 Replies

9. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
thr_join(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 					      thr_join(3C)

NAME
thr_join - wait for thread termination SYNOPSIS
cc -mt [ flag... ] file...[ library... ] #include <thread.h> int thr_join(thread_t thread, thread_t *departed, void **status); DESCRIPTION
The thr_join() function suspends processing of the calling thread until the target thread completes. The thread argument must be a member of the current process and cannot be a detached thread. See thr_create(3C). If two or more threads wait for the same thread to complete, all will suspend processing until the thread has terminated, and then one thread will return successfully and the others will return with an error of ESRCH. The thr_join() function will not block processing of the calling thread if the target thread has already terminated. If a thr_join() call returns successfully with a non-null status argument, the value passed to thr_exit(3C) by the terminating thread will be placed in the location referenced by status. If the target thread ID is 0, thr_join() finds and returns the status of a terminated undetached thread in the process. If no such thread exists, it suspends processing of the calling thread until a thread for which no other thread is waiting enters that state, at which time it returns successfully, or until all other threads in the process are either daemon threads or threads waiting in thr_join(), in which case it returns EDEADLK. See NOTES. If departed is not NULL, it points to a location that is set to the ID of the terminated thread if thr_join() returns successfully. RETURN VALUES
If successful, thr_join() returns 0. Otherwise, an error number is returned to indicate the error. ERRORS
EDEADLK A joining deadlock would occur, such as when a thread attempts to wait for itself, or the calling thread is waiting for any thread to exit and only daemon threads or waiting threads exist in the process. ESRCH No undetached thread could be found corresponding to the given thread ID. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
thr_create(3C), thr_exit(3C), wait(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Using thr_join(3C) in the following syntax, while (thr_join(0, NULL, NULL) == 0); will wait for the termination of all non-daemon threads, excluding threads that are themselves waiting in thr_join(). SunOS 5.10 27 Mar 2000 thr_join(3C)