Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Fork Function Failed on 4GB ? Post 302774403 by bakunin on Friday 1st of March 2013 07:41:59 PM
Old 03-01-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelFelt
Further, ps counts everything as if it is unique - but many segments, especially shared memory code and data, as well as kernel.
True. This is why it is a good idea to use ipcs to complement the output of ps and list all shared memory segments. It will take a while to rummage through my archive, but i used to have a script for that somewhere.... i will post it if i can find it.

Basically you can do a

Code:
ps -Alo pid,args,vsz

to list PID (pid) and memory consumption (vsz) of each process ("args"=commandline, for reference) and crosscheck this with a ipcs -Sp.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to use function fork() in Windows NT

Hello, I need to make a gateway from Ethernet to RS-485. I am using stream socket, and I am programming in windows nt. I would like to know how could I use some functions from unix in windows nt. I would like to use the function fork(). Which library it uses and how can I get it? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danieljorge
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Endless loop - Fork function failed?

I need a quick script that will serve as a sort of "real time monitor" for watching some log files. I am using Bourne shell in HP-UX 10.20. I have basically created a script that never ends, unless of course I manually terminate it. Here's the script (it's called qhistory): clear echo "REAL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fork function

hi everyone, have this little piece of code in order to help you understand my question #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main() { int i, pid; pid = fork(); if(pid<0) { fprintf(stderr, "fork failed\n"); _exit(1); } if(pid==0) { printf("in Child\n");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
4 Replies

4. AIX

fiber with 4GB

Hi, It's my first time I will use a 4BG fiber with two ports on one card. I used only one port 2GB before. What will be the drivers I need to install on my AIX5.3? Is the two ports going to be just one line? Or I can use the other ports on another connection. Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

spliting 4gb files to 4*1 gb each

I have log file whose size is 4 GB , i would like to split it to 1 gb each ,Can any one tell me the syntax of csplit comand for that. I am using Sun0S 5.8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

4GB Dual Port HBA

I have one 4GB, dual port HBA. Is each port rated for 4GB, or is it the whole HBA rated for 4GB? Also, how do I determine which is port0 / port1 with "lscfg -vl fcs0" command. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwholey
0 Replies

7. SCO

-sh: fork failed - too many processes in sco unix 5.0.5

Dear experts, I have done a re-installation of sco unix openserver 5.0.5 and managed to create users. The problem am facing is that of one user logging in more than 5 times. How can i overcome this problem. the system give the error below. -sh: fork failed - too many processes in sco unix... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: njoroge
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

The system function gethostbyname() failed to find the client's host name

As we are facing issue with this server connection. The error is: The system function gethostbyname() failed to find the client's host name. how can i check if the server "server1" is able to resolve the client hostname (hosts / dns)? i can ping the client from server. any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jinslick25
1 Replies

9. Programming

Fork thread, Assertion failed. X11.

Hi all. I wrote a program with the Motif Widget Toolkit. It has a button and a scrollbar. When the user hits the button the callback creates a new fork() thread. The new thread sleeps for a while and then changes the position of the scrollbar. It does this in an endless loop. I need the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

32 bit process addressing more than 4GB

Hello for all, I am testing the behavior of a 32 bit application running on Solaris 5.10 (SPARC), and realize it reaches 4GB of memory and then crashes. It doesn't matter the amount of used memory as application is intended to perform many transactions; rather, what I want to achieve is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leito7824
2 Replies
uuxqt(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  uuxqt(8)

NAME
uuxqt - UUCP execution daemon SYNOPSIS
uuxqt [ options ] DESCRIPTION
The uuxqt daemon executes commands requested by uux (1) from either the local system or from remote systems. It is started automatically by the uucico (8) daemon (unless uucico (8) is given the -q or --nouuxqt option). There is normally no need to run this command, since it will be invoked by uucico (8). However, it can be used to provide greater control over the processing of the work queue. Multiple invocations of uuxqt may be run at once, as controlled by the max-uuxqts configuration command. OPTIONS
The following options may be given to uuxqt. -c command, --command command Only execute requests for the specified command. For example: uuxqt --command rmail -s system, --system system Only execute requests originating from the specified system. -x type, --debug type Turn on particular debugging types. The following types are recognized: abnormal, chat, handshake, uucp-proto, proto, port, config, spooldir, execute, incoming, outgoing. Only abnormal, config, spooldir and execute are meaningful for uuxqt. Multiple types may be given, separated by commas, and the --debug option may appear multiple times. A number may also be given, which will turn on that many types from the foregoing list; for example, --debug 2 is equivalent to --debug abnormal,chat. The debugging output is sent to the debugging file, which may be printed using uulog -D. -I file, --config Set configuration file to use. This option may not be available, depending upon how uuxqt was compiled. -v, --version Report version information and exit. --help Print a help message and exit. SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), uucico(8) AUTHOR
Ian Lance Taylor (ian@airs.com) Taylor UUCP 1.07 uuxqt(8)