Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers Post 302774281 by os2mac on Friday 1st of March 2013 01:48:14 PM
Old 03-01-2013
This is exactly what I am attempting to do, the problem is when I use
Code:
$hostname

the variable is populated with the hostname of the server running the script not the remote system.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prevent wrong user from using shell script for multiple remote servers

Hi, I am running a shell script from a central server to multiple remote servers using the following code: application_check() { # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login SERVERS=`cat /tmp/server-details` # SSH User name USR="user" # create new file > /tmp/abc.log # connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move folders from Multiple remote Servers to my local computer

I have 20 Servers (They are Windows 2003) that I remote every day using names or IP address and type in my username & Password then copy folders manually to my local computer. I'm wondering if i can just run script(s) from my local computer to do this job without using FTP(because of security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Local script to trigger multiple remote scripts

Hi All, I am facing problem running a script which triggers another script in multiple remote servers. my script in my local server looks like below ssh server1 "sudo -u uname /usr/local/script/start.sh &2>&1 >/dev/null " ssh server2 "sudo -u uname /usr/local/script/start.sh &2>&1 >/dev/null "... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sain
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep remote multiple hosts output to local server

Hello all, i'm trying to create a report by greping a pattern on multiple remote hosts and creta a simple report, actually i did this, is ther any better way to do this. #!/bin/bash for host in `cat RemoteHosts` do ssh $host -C 'hostname 2>&1; grep ERROR /var/log/WebServer.log.2019-09-21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
showmount(1M)						  System Administration Commands					     showmount(1M)

NAME
showmount - show remote mounts SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/showmount [-ade] [hostname] DESCRIPTION
showmount lists the clients that have remotely mounted a filesystem from host. This information is maintained by the mountd(1M) server on host, and is saved across crashes in the file /etc/rmtab. The default value for host is the value returned by hostname(1). The showmount command does not display the names of NFS Version 4 clients. OPTIONS
-a Print all remote mounts in the format: hostname : directory where hostname is the name of the client, and directory is the root of the file system that has been mounted. -d List directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. -e Print the list of shared file systems. FILES
/etc/rmtab ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnfscu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostname(1), mountd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations BUGS
If a client crashes, its entry will not be removed from the list of remote mounts on the server. SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 2004 showmount(1M)