Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find missed numbers
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find missed numbers Post 302774209 by rdrtx1 on Friday 1st of March 2013 12:06:18 PM
Old 03-01-2013
try also:
Code:
awk 'NR==1 {last=$1+1} {for (n=last; n<$1; n++) print n; last=$1+1}' infile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

asked question about script before missed ansewr..

linux fedora core2 :) i am trying to write a script to clear, date, pwd and tty a linux termnal or konsole.. when I test the tty against $0 i am, getting a premission denied on the terminal that I am trying to printf to.. I tried using an awk command, test condition, an if then fi clause, but... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find numbers using awk

suppose u have a file 23 33 44 66 55 88 Another file 49 34 49 90 So to find where these numbers lie between in the first file output shud be while using second file and search for the first file 44 66 - 23 33 44 66 - (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to find numbers in a string

I writing my script and got stuck in this function. Can someone help me? I need to extract out the numbers inside a string. Ex: INPUT -> OUTPUT abcdef123 -> 123 abc123def -> 123 123abcdef -> 123 a123bc45d -> 123 45 abcdefghi -> -1 Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: fongthai
12 Replies

4. HP-UX

vgchgid missed one disk

Hi, Suppose I have 3 disks c0t0d0, c0t0d1, and c0t0d2 all with the *same* VGID. I then run: # vgchgid /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0 /dev/rdsk/c0t0d1 (notice I *accidentally* skipped the third disk!) How would I fix this so that all 3 disks have the same VGID again? I'm looking for step-by-step... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find the last word with all numbers?

Hi, I was trying to extract the last word with all numbers using awk. like the below example. I am looking for a pattern using awk. desired result: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK regex to find only numbers

Hi guys I need to find both negative and positive numbers from the following text file. And i also dont need 0. 0 8 -7 -2268 007 -07 -00 -0a0 0a0 -07a0 7a00 0a0 Can someone please give a regex to filter out the values in red. I tried a few things in awk but it didnt work... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridanu
9 Replies

7. Linux

Apache folder missed

Hi, I am confused on apache service. Please advice me There is no apache directory in my linux box. Even I cant find out httpd.conf file also. But If browse my Hostname in Internet Explor, I can able to apache service there. Please How it is working .. This file is available in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

8. Programming

RegEx find numbers above 25000

Hello, I am using the Sublime Plugin LogHighlight. I can use RegEx there to highlight some lines in sublime. Now I need to find every line, that has a number of above 25000. the lines look like this: smart_sdl.result: 8947 smart_sdm.result: 8947 smart_sdn.result: 25000 Currently I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blend_in
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script That Find Numbers Less Than 10

We have an existing script called "slots.sh" that prints a few numbers. I want to have another shell script that looks if there is any number from this output that is less than 10. If it does find a number that is less than 10, it then emails to me the output of "slot. sh", if it is equal to 10 or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: forextrafun
7 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)