Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers Post 302774133 by MadeInGermany on Friday 1st of March 2013 08:30:09 AM
Old 03-01-2013
There were a few similar posts in forum
Shell Programming and Scripting - The UNIX and Linux Forums
I propose two separate scripts, this avoids the quoting chaos with remote execution.
Just make a simple "remote_script", that will run on the remote host:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
sed -e 's/^/$HOSTNAME /' /etc/vfstab|egrep -v -e $HOSTNAME' #'|expand|egrep -e '(svr|ldm|zone)'|cut -d ' ' -f 1-2,4|sed -e 's/ /,/'

Then you pass it by this modified "solaris_command" script:
Code:
for i in \
server1 server2 server3
do 
 echo $i
 ssh -x $i /bin/bash < remote_script
 echo ""
done

For efficiency I added -x

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Automatic execution of commands in multiple servers using single script.

Hi, I've to do a simple job many times whenever it has been asked, just i've to log in to all of fourtien HP servers and i've to execute ps -fu user > temp cat temp|sendmail "xyz@z.com" commands to send the statics of all of 14 servers over the mail to particular user id.. Though logging... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prevent wrong user from using shell script for multiple remote servers

Hi, I am running a shell script from a central server to multiple remote servers using the following code: application_check() { # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login SERVERS=`cat /tmp/server-details` # SSH User name USR="user" # create new file > /tmp/abc.log # connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Move folders from Multiple remote Servers to my local computer

I have 20 Servers (They are Windows 2003) that I remote every day using names or IP address and type in my username & Password then copy folders manually to my local computer. I'm wondering if i can just run script(s) from my local computer to do this job without using FTP(because of security... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idiazza
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Local script to trigger multiple remote scripts

Hi All, I am facing problem running a script which triggers another script in multiple remote servers. my script in my local server looks like below ssh server1 "sudo -u uname /usr/local/script/start.sh &2>&1 >/dev/null " ssh server2 "sudo -u uname /usr/local/script/start.sh &2>&1 >/dev/null "... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sain
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of local commands for remote site.

Hi all, I have a problem with ftp execution within unix environment. I'd like to get files on remote and delete them later, but here is too crowd so I can accidentally delete some files. Can I delete only the files I can get to the local folder? I can ask this question with a different... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: attillam
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Parallel execution on multiple servers in UNIX

I have a requirement (in a shell script) to connect to several servers at once and execute a series of commands. I am aware that ssh can be used for sequential execution. But since most of the commands that I need to execute take a long time, I have to go for the parallel option. Is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sneha1887
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep remote multiple hosts output to local server

Hello all, i'm trying to create a report by greping a pattern on multiple remote hosts and creta a simple report, actually i did this, is ther any better way to do this. #!/bin/bash for host in `cat RemoteHosts` do ssh $host -C 'hostname 2>&1; grep ERROR /var/log/WebServer.log.2019-09-21... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)