Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gtk-WARNING **:
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gtk-WARNING **: Post 302774131 by friend on Friday 1st of March 2013 08:24:27 AM
Old 03-01-2013
So I think in my case the dichotomy in the library tree is like this:

Code:
/usr/lib64/  <-- default 64 bit
/usr/lib       <-- 32 bit libaries

But I'm not sure. So how can I test that?

The output of

Code:
ldd my32bitapp

is:

Code:
ldd: ./my32bitapp: No such file or directory

Any further suggestions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

GTK+ hates me

I am very new to the linux environment. I have been interested in it for years but have just recently had the courage to pop that install disk into my PC. Because of it's ease of installation, I installed Mandrake 9.1 and I'm running KDE3.1 for my GUI. Right now I'm trying to conquer the world... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n0data
5 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

GTK+ project

Hai, I am santhosh,I am fresher to this Forum,I want details about GTK+ Project(All Widgets--- I mean how they are programming in callback.c file). if it possible please send information regarding this Glade tool.I want to interface glade with Modbus protocol, Thankyou with best regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh.linux
0 Replies

3. Programming

GUI without GTK - Is it possible?

Is GUI programming without GTK possible? If so, how? Or what libraries should I #include? Google seems to tell me that GUI programming in C++ is much more popular then in C. I'm assuming because of the Object Orientedness (if that is even a word)? Before you say things like "Search the forums",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

5. AIX

Firefox on AIX, Gtk-WARNING

Hi, I try install firefox on AIX 6.1.. Now i get error then write /usr/bin/firefox command in ssh: (firefox-bin:1478838): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: I heard, that need set DISPLAY or smth like that.. Also I try run firefox by vncviewer, but double click on firefox-bin not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: titasas
1 Replies

6. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

7. Linux

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Hai (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: how to solve this in linux Double post.. continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayd
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Error message: (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: How to solve this issue in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayd
1 Replies

9. Fedora

GTK Themes

Hi, So, I have a GTK based GUI app. I used GTKdevel-2.24 to develop and compile it on two different distros of linux: Fedora 14 and Linaro (tablet). All of my code was the same for each but compiled on each platform separately (32bit and ARM). Both distros run the application. On Fedora 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies
mhc(1)							      General Commands Manual							    mhc(1)

NAME
gemcal - Ruby/Gtk base calendar SYNOPSIS
gemcal [options] files... DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gemcal commands. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gemcal is a program that browse and edit MHC calendar data on X environments. It is written by Ruby/Gtk, so you need to install libgtk- ruby to run this program. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -g +x+y, -geometry +x+y Specify geometry. -r dir, -repository dir Specify MHC repository directory. -f file, -file file" Specify MHC schedule file. -d +month+mday, -daybook +month+mday Specify date. SEE ALSO
adb2mhc(1), mhc-sync(1), mhc2palm(1), palm2mhc(1), today(1), mhc(5). AUTHOR
This program was written by Yoshinari Nomura <nom@quickhack.net> and this manual page was written by Fumitoshi UKAI <ukai@debian.or.jp>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 23 Jun 2000 mhc(1)