Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gtk-WARNING **:
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Gtk-WARNING **: Post 302774131 by friend on Friday 1st of March 2013 08:24:27 AM
Old 03-01-2013
So I think in my case the dichotomy in the library tree is like this:

Code:
/usr/lib64/  <-- default 64 bit
/usr/lib       <-- 32 bit libaries

But I'm not sure. So how can I test that?

The output of

Code:
ldd my32bitapp

is:

Code:
ldd: ./my32bitapp: No such file or directory

Any further suggestions?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

GTK+ hates me

I am very new to the linux environment. I have been interested in it for years but have just recently had the courage to pop that install disk into my PC. Because of it's ease of installation, I installed Mandrake 9.1 and I'm running KDE3.1 for my GUI. Right now I'm trying to conquer the world... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: n0data
5 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

GTK+ project

Hai, I am santhosh,I am fresher to this Forum,I want details about GTK+ Project(All Widgets--- I mean how they are programming in callback.c file). if it possible please send information regarding this Glade tool.I want to interface glade with Modbus protocol, Thankyou with best regards,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: santhosh.linux
0 Replies

3. Programming

GUI without GTK - Is it possible?

Is GUI programming without GTK possible? If so, how? Or what libraries should I #include? Google seems to tell me that GUI programming in C++ is much more popular then in C. I'm assuming because of the Object Orientedness (if that is even a word)? Before you say things like "Search the forums",... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

5. AIX

Firefox on AIX, Gtk-WARNING

Hi, I try install firefox on AIX 6.1.. Now i get error then write /usr/bin/firefox command in ssh: (firefox-bin:1478838): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: I heard, that need set DISPLAY or smth like that.. Also I try run firefox by vncviewer, but double click on firefox-bin not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: titasas
1 Replies

6. Programming

curses.h not found , gtk/gtk.h not found

i have downloaded <libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386.deb> and <ndk++-0.0.1alpha4.tar.bz2> which contains the header files curses.h and gtk/gtk.h .. i have also included them using .. #include "/home/ball/Desktop/Sudoku/project/libncurses5-dev_5.7+20101128-1_i386/usr/include/curses.h" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

7. Linux

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Hai (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: how to solve this in linux Double post.. continue here (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayd
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

(PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Error message: (PMT:6498): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: How to solve this issue in linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinayd
1 Replies

9. Fedora

GTK Themes

Hi, So, I have a GTK based GUI app. I used GTKdevel-2.24 to develop and compile it on two different distros of linux: Fedora 14 and Linaro (tablet). All of my code was the same for each but compiled on each platform separately (32bit and ARM). Both distros run the application. On Fedora 14... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
0 Replies
FS_SETCELL(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_SETCELL(1)

NAME
fs_setcell - Configures permissions for setuid programs from specified cells SYNOPSIS
fs setcell -cell <cell name>+ [-suid] [-nosuid] [-help] fs setce -c <cell name>+ [-s] [-n] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs setcell command sets whether the Cache Manager allows programs (and other executable files) from each cell named by the -cell argument to run with setuid permission. By default, the Cache Manager allows programs from its home cell to run with setuid permission, but not programs from any foreign cells. A program belongs to the same cell as the file server machine that houses the volume in which the program's binary file resides, as specified in the file server machine's /etc/openafs/server/ThisCell file. The Cache Manager determines its own home cell by reading the /etc/openafs/ThisCell file at initialization. To enable programs from each specified cell to run with setuid permission, include the -suid flag. To prohibit programs from running with setuid permission, include the -nosuid flag, or omit both flags. The fs setcell command directly alters a cell's setuid status as recorded in kernel memory, so rebooting the machine is unnecessary. However, non-default settings do not persist across reboots of the machine unless the appropriate fs setcell command appears in the machine's AFS initialization file. To display a cell's setuid status, issue the fs getcellstatus command. CAUTIONS
AFS does not recognize effective UID: if a setuid program accesses AFS files and directories, it does so using the current AFS identity of the AFS user who initialized the program, not of the program's owner. Only the local file system recognizes effective UID. Only members of the system:administrators group can turn on the setuid mode bit on an AFS file or directory. When the setuid mode bit is turned on, the UNIX "ls -l" command displays the third user mode bit as an "s" instead of an "x". However, the "s" does not appear on an AFS file or directory unless setuid permission is enabled for the cell in which the file resides. OPTIONS
-cell <cell name>+ Names each cell for which to set setuid status. Provide the fully qualified domain name, or a shortened form that disambiguates it from the other cells listed in the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. -suid Allows programs from each specified cell to run with setuid privilege. Provide it or the -nosuid flag, or omit both flags to disallow programs from running with setuid privilege. -nosuid Prevents programs from each specified cell from running with setuid privilege. Provide it or the -suid flag, or omit both flags to disallow programs form running with setuid privilege. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command enables executable files from the State University cell to run with setuid privilege on the local machine: % fs setcell -cell stateu.edu -suid PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
fs_getcellstatus(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_SETCELL(1)