Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lsof output
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Lsof output Post 302773897 by sakurashinken on Friday 1st of March 2013 01:20:43 AM
Old 03-01-2013
Lsof output

This is abridged lsof output from my safari process:

Safari 13063 owner 9u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1293 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9b7534eab
Safari 13063 owner 10u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be0933 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9c1be1423
Safari 13063 owner 11u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1423 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9c1be0933

besides the process, process id and owner, I have no idea what these things are. Could someone explain?

Also, what is /dev/random?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof output

I have a number of open files connecting to the rpcbind process running on HPUX 11.00. Usinf lsof -p rpcbind I am unable to identify the ip addresses of the open files. Example of one below - Any ideas? rpcbind 19754 root 100u inet 72,0x72 0t0 TCP 79.60.53.40:* (BOUND) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malcolmm
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

lsof

Could someone please give me a step for a hint on which version and where is the above utility is for version 4.3.3.0 of Aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof output

what does this line of output signify from the lsof output: java 1419 root 7u sock 0,0 2170 can't identify protocol Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof ???

Hi All, I'm having a problem with "lsof" in HP-UX system. Its giving me 2 two different results when running it. 1 . lsof -p 'PID' | wc -l -----gives some value 2 . lsof | grep 'PID' | wc -l The above two commands gives me two different values with the same PID...... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof corrupted output

When I execute lsof command to some process IDs I am getting the the following output. lsof +p 27672 COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME java 27672 alttool cwd vx_inode: wrong ino size Why it is displaying 'vx_inode: wrong... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajilinks
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

lsof equivalent in HP-UX

I need lsof equivalent in HP-UX. I do not want to add lsof utility separately. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof

I'm looking to list all of the files open at a certain time up on a UNIX box. From looking on the internet, it looks as though lsof is the most common. However have tried this and got the following: ksh: lsof: not found Now having gone into bash mode and hit tab twice I see that lsof... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

about lsof

Hi, I typed lsof -i :80 in my putty but i am not able to get sockets related to port 80 Can any one help me out soon Can anyone point out the reason for not able to get the related sockets Output of what i am getting in my putty is displayed below training@use:~> lsof -i :80... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

lsof in HP-UX

In Linux and Solaris lsof accepts the -X switch which allows to see if deleted files are still in use and eat disk space. In HP-UX it is now working and it is a problem... today one of my filesystems on the server was increasing very fast but existing file sizes were not really changing. lsof shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vorb
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lsof command

Hi, I am trying to find the files in a specific directory that are currently in open state. I need this information to archive the old files that are not active in the directory. I get the following output when I try the command $ lsof +d '/var/tmp/'|awk '{print $9}'|sort -u NAME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryzen7
1 Replies
SAFARIDRIVER(1) 					    BSD General Commands Manual 					   SAFARIDRIVER(1)

NAME
safaridriver -- Safari WebDriver REST API service SYNOPSIS
safaridriver -p port [-h | --help] [--enable] DESCRIPTION
The safaridriver utility is used to launch an HTTP server that implements the Selenium WebDriver REST API. When launched, safaridriver allows for automated testing of web content using the version of Safari that is installed with macOS. safaridriver supports several capabilities that can customize an automation session's behavior for a particular testing purpose. Capabilities are provided as arguments when requesting a new session. The capabilities supported by safaridriver are listed in the OPTIONS section below. Unless noted below, the values of requested capability keys are not read and are assumed to be true if present, and false otherwise. To use capabilities in your tests, please refer to the relevant 3rd-party documentation to learn how to request extra capabilities with the WebDriver client library that you are using. OPTIONS
Command line options -p, --port <port> Specifies the port on which the HTTP server should listen for incoming connections. If the port is already in use or otherwise unavailable, safaridriver will exit immediately with a non-zero return code. -h, --help Prints a usage message and exits. --enable Applies configuration changes so that subsequent WebDriver sessions will run without further authentication. This includes turning on Safari's Develop menu and checking "Enable Remote Automation" in the Develop menu. The user must authenticate via password for the changes to be applied. When this option is specified, safaridriver exits immediately without starting up the REST API service. If the changes were success- ful or already applied, safaridriver exits 0; otherwise, safaridriver exits >0 and prints an error message to stderr. Available capabilities safari:automaticInspection This capability instructs Safari to preload the Web Inspector and JavaScript debugger in the background prior to returning a newly- created window. To pause the test's execution in JavaScript and bring up Web Inspector's Debugger tab, you can simply evaluate a debugger; statement in the test page. safari:automaticProfiling This capability instructs Safari to preload the Web Inspector and start a Timeline recording in the background prior to returning a newly-created window. To view the recording, open the Web Inspector through Safari's Develop menu. webkit:WebRTC This capability allows a test to temporarily change Safari's policies for WebRTC and Media Capture. The value of the webkit:WebRTC capability is a dictionary with the following sub-keys, all of which are optional: DisableInsecureMediaCapture Normally, Safari refuses to allow media capture over insecure connections. This capability suppresses that restriction for testing purposes. For example, it would allow a test to exercise media capture code paths using a local test web server that is not configured to use HTTPS. DisableICECandidateFiltering To protect a user's privacy, Safari normally filters out WebRTC ICE candidates that correspond to internal network addresses when capture devices are not in use. This capability suppresses ICE candidate filtering so that both internal and external network addresses are always sent as ICE candidates. NOTES
For security reasons, the HTTP server accepts connections from localhost only. The HTTP server can accept connections from multiple test clients. Currently, only one Safari may be automated at a time, so it is not recommended to run multiple safaridriver instances at the same time. safaridriver is typically executed manually at the command line or automatically by a WebDriver client library. The Selenium project provides client libraries for most popular programming languages. More information is available on the Selenium project website: https://www.seleniumhq.org/ SEE ALSO
A summary of which REST API endpoints safaridriver supports, as well as the Safari version in which each endpoint became available, can be found on the Apple Developer website: https://developer.apple.com/ DIAGNOSTICS
The safaridriver utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. When a REST API command fails, safaridriver includes a detailed error message in the response. If you use a 3rd-party library on top of the REST API service, consult the library's documentation for how to access these error messages. STANDARDS
safaridriver implements the Selenium WebDriver JSON Wire Protocol as described by the Selenium WebDriver test suites and the protocol summary published here: https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/selenium/wiki/JsonWireProtocol Darwin May 31, 2019 Darwin