Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl parse string
Top Forums Programming Perl parse string Post 302773783 by ab52 on Thursday 28th of February 2013 04:37:33 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Thanks. But is there a way not to do it with a hard code list. That mean every time we get a new version I will have to update it. If I could just take the version then i would not have to update i

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string then parse next line

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on one line then parse data on the next or subsequent lines - I will know which line needs to be parsed beforehand. This is what I currently have: while (<COMMAND_OUT>) { if ($_ =~ m/TEST/) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this string

I want to get filenames from the following input. How can I parse this in bash. input data ------------------------------------------------------------------- path=/aaa/bbb/filename1;/aaa/filename2;/aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/filename3 -------------------------------------------------------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcliff
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String from a Variable

Hello, Is there a quick way to parse the values from a variable? The variable has the following sample input: TA= The values of the TA variable is not fixed/hardcoded Basically I need to get the IV_Test and PF_SAPP_FWK values. I created a script that first use sed to remove ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String Using Sed

Hi, I am wondering if there's a simpler way to extract the second occurrence of a word enclosed in that matches my search criteria. Sample Input is as follows: Error installing feature - com.er.nms.cif.ist.NoMatchingUpgra Error installing feature -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parse string to time

Hi, I have got this value 18:21:23.330 in one of my variables. Now I need to parse this time to something. And then I have to compare it with 2 times, let's say, 15:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs. Can Date::Manip rescue me from this horrifying situation? I am quite new to Perl and especially this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse string

Hi, I need to parse a string, check if there are periods and strip the string. For example i have the following domains and subdomains: mydomain.com, dev.mydomain.com I need to strip all periods so i have a string without periods or domain extensions: mydomain, devmydomain. I use this for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Parse

Hi I'm writing simple perl script to parse the ftp log as below: Local directory now /home/user/testing 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,254,19,34,8,228). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 09-25-09 02:33PM 25333629 abc.tar 09-14-09 12:50PM 18015752... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netxus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a mixed alphanumeric string from within a string

Hi, I would like to be able to parse out a substring matching a basic pattern, which is a character followed by 3 or 4 digits (for example S1234 out of a larger string). The main string would just be a filename, like Thisis__the FileName_S1234_ToParse.txt. The filename isn't fixed, but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keaneMB
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: to parse the data from a string.

Hi folks, I have a line in log from which I need to parse few data. Jul 6 00:05:58 dg01aipagnfe01p %FWSM-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) From the above... I need to parse the %FWSM-3-106011: substring. Another example Jul 13 00:08:55 dq01aipaynas01p %FWSM-6-302010: 2 in use, 1661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to parse

The below code works great to parse out a file if the input is in the attached SNP format ">". perl -ne 'next if $.==1; while(/\t*NC_(\d+)\.\S+g\.(\d+)()>()/g){printf("%d\t%d\t%d\t%s\t%s\n",$1,$2,$2,$3,$4,$5)}' out_position.txt > out_parse.txt My question is if there is another format in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
KPROPLOG(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       KPROPLOG(8)

NAME
kproplog - display the contents of the Kerberos principal update log SYNOPSIS
kproplog [-h] [-e num] DESCRIPTION
The kproplog command displays the contents of the Kerberos principal update log to standard output. It can be used to keep track of the incremental updates to the principal database, when enabled. The update log file contains the update log maintained by the kadmind process on the master KDC server and the kpropd process on the slave KDC servers. When updates occur, they are logged to this file. Subsequently any KDC slave configured for incremental updates will request the current data from the master KDC and update their principal.ulog file with any updates returned. The kproplog command can only be run on a KDC server by someone with privileges comparable to the superuser. It will display update entries for that server only. If no options are specified, the summary of the update log is displayed. If invoked on the master, all of the update entries are also dis- played. When invoked on a slave KDC server, only a summary of the updates are displayed, which includes the serial number of the last update received and the associated time stamp of the last update. OPTIONS
-h Display a summary of the update log. This information includes the database version number, state of the database, the number of updates in the log, the time stamp of the first and last update, and the version number of the first and last update entry. -e num Display the last num update entries in the log. This is useful when debugging synchronization between KDC servers. -v Display individual attributes per update. An example of the output generated for one entry: Update Entry Update serial # : 4 Update operation : Add Update principal : test@EXAMPLE.COM Update size : 424 Update committed : True Update time stamp : Fri Feb 20 23:37:42 2004 Attributes changed : 6 Principal Key data Password last changed Modifying principal Modification time TL data SEE ALSO
kpropd(8) KPROPLOG(8)