Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl parse string
Top Forums Programming Perl parse string Post 302773757 by ab52 on Thursday 28th of February 2013 04:07:40 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Perl parse string

Hi Perl Guys

I have another perl question

I have the following code that i have written
Code:
Getopt::Long::config(qw( permute bundling ));
my $OPT = {};
GetOptions($OPT, qw(
    ver=s
    help|h
)) or die "options parsing failed";

This will allow the user to do something like this

Code:
 prog.pl --ver 2b2

i need a way to parse the bit atfer --ver ( which is take from the get opt above using =s )

for example 4r2v1 acutally relates to
Code:
3DE4_linux64_r2b2

and i will end up using it something similar to this

Code:
exec $apppath/$version

version being the bit i got from --ver

how can a parse the bit after --ver and apply it

the other options that is can be like below

3DE4_linux64_r1
3DE4_linux64_r2b2
3DE4_linux64_r2
3DE4_linux64_r3b1

i hope that make sense

Many Many Many Thanks

Last edited by ab52; 02-28-2013 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: got the tag for code wrong- d'oh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string then parse next line

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on one line then parse data on the next or subsequent lines - I will know which line needs to be parsed beforehand. This is what I currently have: while (<COMMAND_OUT>) { if ($_ =~ m/TEST/) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to parse this string

I want to get filenames from the following input. How can I parse this in bash. input data ------------------------------------------------------------------- path=/aaa/bbb/filename1;/aaa/filename2;/aaa/bbb/ccc/ddd/filename3 -------------------------------------------------------------------... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcliff
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String from a Variable

Hello, Is there a quick way to parse the values from a variable? The variable has the following sample input: TA= The values of the TA variable is not fixed/hardcoded Basically I need to get the IV_Test and PF_SAPP_FWK values. I created a script that first use sed to remove ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse String Using Sed

Hi, I am wondering if there's a simpler way to extract the second occurrence of a word enclosed in that matches my search criteria. Sample Input is as follows: Error installing feature - com.er.nms.cif.ist.NoMatchingUpgra Error installing feature -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: racbern
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl parse string to time

Hi, I have got this value 18:21:23.330 in one of my variables. Now I need to parse this time to something. And then I have to compare it with 2 times, let's say, 15:00 hrs to 23:00 hrs. Can Date::Manip rescue me from this horrifying situation? I am quite new to Perl and especially this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse string

Hi, I need to parse a string, check if there are periods and strip the string. For example i have the following domains and subdomains: mydomain.com, dev.mydomain.com I need to strip all periods so i have a string without periods or domain extensions: mydomain, devmydomain. I use this for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ktm
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Parse

Hi I'm writing simple perl script to parse the ftp log as below: Local directory now /home/user/testing 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,254,19,34,8,228). 125 Data connection already open; Transfer starting. 09-25-09 02:33PM 25333629 abc.tar 09-14-09 12:50PM 18015752... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netxus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse a mixed alphanumeric string from within a string

Hi, I would like to be able to parse out a substring matching a basic pattern, which is a character followed by 3 or 4 digits (for example S1234 out of a larger string). The main string would just be a filename, like Thisis__the FileName_S1234_ToParse.txt. The filename isn't fixed, but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: keaneMB
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: to parse the data from a string.

Hi folks, I have a line in log from which I need to parse few data. Jul 6 00:05:58 dg01aipagnfe01p %FWSM-3-106011: Deny inbound (No xlate) From the above... I need to parse the %FWSM-3-106011: substring. Another example Jul 13 00:08:55 dq01aipaynas01p %FWSM-6-302010: 2 in use, 1661... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to parse

The below code works great to parse out a file if the input is in the attached SNP format ">". perl -ne 'next if $.==1; while(/\t*NC_(\d+)\.\S+g\.(\d+)()>()/g){printf("%d\t%d\t%d\t%s\t%s\n",$1,$2,$2,$3,$4,$5)}' out_position.txt > out_parse.txt My question is if there is another format in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies
ldap_version(3LDAP)					      LDAP Library Functions					       ldap_version(3LDAP)

NAME
ldap_version - get version information about the LDAP SDK for C SYNOPSIS
cc -flag ... file...-lldap [ -library ... ] #include <ldap.h> int ldap_version(LDAPVERSION *ver); DESCRIPTION
A call to this function returns the version information for the LDAP SDK for C. This is a deprecated function. Use ldap_get_option(3LDAP) instead. The version information is returned in the LDAPVersion structure pointed to by ver. If NULL is passed for ver, then only the SDK version will be returned. RETURN VALUES
The ldap_version() function returns the version number of the LDAP SDK for C, multiplied by 100. For example, for version 1.0 of the LDAP SDK for C, the function returns 100. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap_get_option(3LDAP), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 19 Oct 2001 ldap_version(3LDAP)