Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard Post 302773751 by crunchgargoyle on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:57:57 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Put a 2x2 xterm with a big -fn 12x24 '|' on it in the corner of your desktop, and paste.
Haha thanks yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Keyboard layout

Hi, How do i go about changing the keyboard layout to the UK layout. currently the @ symbol on the keyboard appears as a " sybol on the monitor. Many Thanks in advance Kam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnura
1 Replies

3. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

Hi to everyone Once again I tried to modify my keyboard , because I am crazy keyborad can not be changed using kbd-s eeprom also I tried to modify /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc but I tried opensolaris and my keyboard works perfectly So my question is Can I transfer settings from... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

6. Hardware

Keyboard layout based on scancodes?

I would like to make a new keyboard layout that moves the modifier keys around. The problem is that this needs to be an xkb layout, because I still need to be able to switch to the Qwerty layout and the layout of my native language. Is there a way to write an xkb layout that works on the keycodes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies
KBDMUX(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 KBDMUX(4)

NAME
kbdmux -- keyboard multiplexer SYNOPSIS
device kbdmux In /boot/device.hints: hint.kbdmux.0.disabled="1" DESCRIPTION
The kbdmux keyboard driver provides support for basic keyboard multiplexing. It is built around the idea of a ``super keyboard''. The kbdmux driver acts as a master keyboard consuming input from all slave keyboards attached to it. Slave keyboards can be attached to or detached from the kbdmux keyboard driver with the kbdcontrol(1) utility. SEE ALSO
kbdcontrol(1), atkbd(4), syscons(4), ukbd(4), vt(4) HISTORY
The kbdmux module was implemented in FreeBSD 6.0. AUTHORS
Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com> CAVEATS
The kbdmux keyboard driver switches all slave keyboards into K_RAW mode. Thus all slave keyboards attached to the kbdmux keyboard share the same state. The kbdmux keyboard is logically equivalent to one keyboard with lots of duplicated keys. BSD
July 12, 2005 BSD