Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard Post 302773751 by crunchgargoyle on Thursday 28th of February 2013 03:57:57 PM
Old 02-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Put a 2x2 xterm with a big -fn 12x24 '|' on it in the corner of your desktop, and paste.
Haha thanks yeah that's pretty much what I've been doing.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Keyboard Layout

ok, I am having a seriouse problem! I can not wite in my landguidge, I live in sweden but I seem to have an american keyboard layout so I cant write some letters and all the key commands are all messed up. Does anyone know where I can find a swedisch keyboard layout? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Keyboard layout

Hi, How do i go about changing the keyboard layout to the UK layout. currently the @ symbol on the keyboard appears as a " sybol on the monitor. Many Thanks in advance Kam (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishnura
1 Replies

3. Linux

Changing default keyboard layout in Linux

Hi I have Fedora linux with XFCE desktop. I want to use Indic lanquage in that. I have installed unicode devnagri fonts. But I am not able to change my default keyboard layout. How can I change default keyboard layout in XFCE or through command line. Thanks NeeleshG (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

Hi to everyone Once again I tried to modify my keyboard , because I am crazy keyborad can not be changed using kbd-s eeprom also I tried to modify /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc but I tried opensolaris and my keyboard works perfectly So my question is Can I transfer settings from... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

6. Hardware

Keyboard layout based on scancodes?

I would like to make a new keyboard layout that moves the modifier keys around. The problem is that this needs to be an xkb layout, because I still need to be able to switch to the Qwerty layout and the layout of my native language. Is there a way to write an xkb layout that works on the keycodes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotancohen
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)